Old 05-10-2017, 05:29 PM   #1

2008 RV

Georgetown*Forest river engine*cluster*gauge*intermittent while driving? New battery and ground wire cleaned

ffalgoust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffalgoust View Post
Georgetown*Forest river engine*cluster*gauge*intermittent while driving? New battery and ground wire cleaned
Which engine do you have? I know that the Freight liner chassis with the diesel had problems with the wiring harness connection. I believe it was mostly on the ground side. When one gauge went it would take them all out.
I have the ford v10 in my MH and haven't heard anything about intermittent cluster gauge problems.
If it is all gauges it almost has to be a ground problem. Ground cable at battery would be the first place to look, but the ground was carried to the gauges some how so that is where I would look.
You might also try pulling the plug of the wiring harness where it plugs into the gauge cluster panel. If that doesn't do it follow the wiring harness back to the engine to see if there is a connection somewhere before it gets to its end.
My MH is slightly older and the gauge cluster is held in by maybe 8 screws. Then it is easy to pull out and check the wiring plug.
Good luck I hope you find it. Be sure to post your results. Some one else on here might have a better answer.

Wattsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattsworld View Post
Which engine do you have? I know that the Freight liner chassis with the diesel had problems with the wiring harness connection. I believe it was mostly on the ground side. When one gauge went it would take them all out.
I have the ford v10 in my MH and haven't heard anything about intermittent cluster gauge problems.
If it is all gauges it almost has to be a ground problem. Ground cable at battery would be the first place to look, but the ground was carried to the gauges some how so that is where I would look.
You might also try pulling the plug of the wiring harness where it plugs into the gauge cluster panel. If that doesn't do it follow the wiring harness back to the engine to see if there is a connection somewhere before it gets to its end.
My MH is slightly older and the gauge cluster is held in by maybe 8 screws. Then it is easy to pull out and check the wiring plug.
Good luck I hope you find it. Be sure to post your results. Some one else on here might have a better answer.

Ok thanks. Triton V-10 Ford engine and I think it's a 450 chassis it's my mom's MH. I cleaned the grounding cable on the battery terminal and the whole cluster that went out is working. I'll have to test drive it.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffalgoust View Post
Ok thanks. Triton V-10 Ford engine and I think it's a 450 chassis it's my mom's MH. I cleaned the grounding cable on the battery terminal and the whole cluster that went out is working. I'll have to test drive it.
Good Luck! I hope that takes care of your problem with your gauges. Grounds can really mess things up when they aren't working like they should be.

Wattsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattsworld View Post
Good Luck! I hope that takes care of your problem with your gauges. Grounds can really mess things up when they aren't working like they should be.

With the new battery and clean ground the engines gauges are working fine.