Old 08-12-2008, 10:11 PM   #1
Canadian Georgetown 350ds

2009 Georgetown 350dsse - Winterizing

We have had a great year with our new motorhome.

Over all we have had a few issues, but mostly just little minor troubles and easy to fix.

This coach is my 4th Motorhome, but I am not really clear how to winterize my new coach.

Does anyone have a detailed instruction guide of what hoses to use etc.

Inquiring

Old 08-13-2008, 11:09 PM   #2

What ever you do DONT use that dang antifreeze stuff! I know that there are many that may swear by it but it's a pain to get out of your pipes. Simply pick up an air adapter at Camping world (or other RV supply) that screws into the city water inlet. It will have a tire valve on it. Hook up a compressed air hose using a clip on chuck and set the pressure at 40lbs. Proceed to open and close all your faucets, flush the toilet, turn on the shower valve, etc until you have blown all the water out with the compressed air. Works great, no water in the system=nothing to freeze. Have been doing that with our rig for many years now and it works great. Also if you can, keep a small electric space heater running in the rig during the winter months. I usually keep mine at about 58 degrees to keep the moisture away.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:40 AM   #3
Head Rambler

I use air too. I don't use the water heater bypass. After I'm done blowing the rest of the system I remove the water heater plug and blow it out as well. Since I have a surburban heater it's a good time to check/replace the anode rod anyway. If you do a good job of blowing each and every hot and cold tap, even the drains, you'll have no worries. Living here in south Alabama I just leave the furnace on it's lowest setting whenever it's supposed to get cold.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:10 PM   #4
Canadian Georgetown 350ds

Winterization

Yes I have blow my water lines with air with past motorhomes, but when doing I have been told that you do not get the water out of the water pump.

By blowing out with air threw the city water inlet, do you get ever bit of water out of all the lines and the water pump?

Thoughts
Old 08-14-2008, 11:44 PM   #5

I am not sure about the Georgetown MHs as we haven't gotten ours yet but our Fleetwood had two drain valves you could open in front of the water tank which was under the bed. One drained the tank, the other the lines. After the tank is run dry open the line drain and run the pump, it would purge the pump of water.