Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #1

2010 Georgetown 350TS

Would anyone have or know where I can get wire/cable schematic for my motorhome? I getting ready to install a Winegard Satellite Dome and I'm not sure where the cable is located.
garytenorsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

There isn't any schematic I know off. The satelite prep wire is located on the roof just above the small cabinet next to the door, over the chair, in a plumbing vent . Save yourself the aggrevation and locate the dome center in the front. You can drill through the roof and keep the cables and power feed behind the TV. That's how mine was done and they sealed everything with Dicor. You can then run your wiring and cables into the cabinet to the right of the TV. Just a suggestion, good luck.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I did find the white cap on the roof and removed and pulled white cable out. Found the other end of the white and a black cable taped together in the cabinet over the passenger. I believe the white cable goes to the input on the direct tv receiver and the black cable goes to the output on the direct tv receiver and the other end of the black cable is already in the input of the selector box. Is that correct? Now when I select satellite, I can watch on either tv. If I want to add another direct tv receiver, I can hook back room tv cable to input and cable from outout to tv or do I have to run a seperate cable for the direct tv receiver in the rear room?
Old 05-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garytenorsinger View Post
Thanks for the reply. I did find the white cap on the roof and removed and pulled white cable out. Found the other end of the white and a black cable taped together in the cabinet over the passenger. I believe the white cable goes to the input on the direct tv receiver and the black cable goes to the output on the direct tv receiver and the other end of the black cable is already in the input of the selector box. Is that correct? Now when I select satellite, I can watch on either tv. If I want to add another direct tv receiver, I can hook back room tv cable to input and cable from outout to tv or do I have to run a seperate cable for the direct tv receiver in the rear room?
I'm not 100% sure but I think that black cable running through the ceiling goes to the TV Outlet in the compartment next to the stairs.
In my case my two satelite feeds go directly into my TIVO Unit. From there the satelite is connected directly to the TV in front through the component connections. It is connected also to a VCR in the upper cabinet. I can send the Satelite to the rear TV through the Selector Box. We just have to watch the same satelite program on both TVs but can watch something different if we're using the antenna or Park cable.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:30 AM   #5

Thanks cfsoistman. I'll check it out.