Old 01-26-2010, 12:29 PM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Harkins View Post
Congrats on your purchase. Also new to FRF. We have a 2008 373DS and we love it. Good power, rides smooth and is great to tow with. Last year pulling 2 big harleys in an enclosed 12' trailer we climbed the mountain coming out of Denver on 70 enroute to Utah. While not breaking any speed records, it walked the dog up the mountain.

I looked at the Forest River website they don't yet have the 379 floor plan up yet. Look forward to seeing it.
Jim H
The 379 was in the 2009 Brochure but is not in the 2010 Brochure. FR most likely is not going to continue that model once all orders have been filled. The same thing happened with the 370 we have. It was shown in the 2008 Brochure but not the 2009 brochure but there were models made in 2009.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #12

I noticed the same thing and have been perplexed why they would drop the 379 TS. We love the floorplan and is the primary reason we bought a FR as they were the only MH on the market with this floorplan. Everyone that has seen it really liked it as well. We have used ours many times since taking ownership in Aug. 2009. We have a had a few minor issues but have been really impressed thus far. I am also satified with the power and ride of the Ford V10 and chassis. For the money, I think FR Georgetown is the best deal for the money.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:17 PM   #13

Water Siphoning

Congrats on your new purchase. We love our 2007 391.

The water siphon issue came up from "NWJeeper". I have to ask for some help on this issue. When I'm filling up the fresh water tank and I get to the max it starts to vent water and turns into the Eveready Bunny. Just keeps going and going.......

What, why,....... how do I fix this?
Old 02-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #14
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawfive View Post
Congrats on your new purchase. We love our 2007 391.

The water siphon issue came up from "NWJeeper". I have to ask for some help on this issue. When I'm filling up the fresh water tank and I get to the max it starts to vent water and turns into the Eveready Bunny. Just keeps going and going.......

What, why,....... how do I fix this?
First while you're filling the tank the air displacement causes the water to run out when it gets close to where the vent is tied into the tank. Not sure if your vent from the water tank is the same as mine. The one on our motorhome looks like a pool hose with a piece of screening taped over the end. I cut a short piece off, bought a PVC valve, I think it was a 3/4" but I took the piece of hose with me to HD. The hose fits snug on the outside of the valve. I taped it with white electrical tape and put the screen back on. I use it as a vent when filling the tank or using the tank once I'm set up. During travel I close the valve so the water stays in the tank. The vent is lower than the tank so once it starts draining it syphons most of the water out of the tank. If you vent is different just place a valve in it so it can be closed during travel.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 02-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #15

Water Siphoning

Thanks Charlie.

Yes, my vent is the same as yours, mesh taped over a small plastic water line.

I will take good look, cut off a small end piece and use it as a pattern to buy a valve at HD. I will install the valve where I cut off the hose and redo a small screen on the open end.

If I understand you correctly, I will leave the valve open during water tank fill, after water starts to run out of it during a refill operation I will shut off the water supply hose, shut the newly installed valve and leave it closed till I start to use the water tank.

With luck I thus interrupt the siphon and have more fresh water in the tank. No wonder I was running low on fresh when I still had gray and black water capacity. Thought I was seeing some sort of miracle there or bad sensors in the tanks.

I've been RV'ing now since October and am a total newbie but love the learning and really appreciate how nice folks are in the various forums I've read from front to back.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...es/trink39.gif
Old 02-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #16
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawfive View Post
Thanks Charlie.

Yes, my vent is the same as yours, mesh taped over a small plastic water line.

I will take good look, cut off a small end piece and use it as a pattern to buy a valve at HD. I will install the valve where I cut off the hose and redo a small screen on the open end.

If I understand you correctly, I will leave the valve open during water tank fill, after water starts to run out of it during a refill operation I will shut off the water supply hose, shut the newly installed valve and leave it closed till I start to use the water tank.

With luck I thus interrupt the siphon and have more fresh water in the tank. No wonder I was running low on fresh when I still had gray and black water capacity. Thought I was seeing some sort of miracle there or bad sensors in the tanks.

I've been RV'ing now since October and am a total newbie but love the learning and really appreciate how nice folks are in the various forums I've read from front to back.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...es/trink39.gif
No problem. I first thought mine was ok because for two years it never happened. Then last summer it did. I went from a full tank to about 1/3 tank. So I took NWJeeper's advice and added the valve. It's been fine since.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR