Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2009, 04:46 PM   #1

2010 Georgetown 379

Just recently joined the forum and also upgraded from a 24 foot Class C to a new Georgetown 379 that should be in within the next 3 weeks. Wanted to ask others how they like the 379 and the Georgetown in general. My wife and 3 boys are excited about the delivery and look forward to the extra room we missed in the 24 foot Class C with no slides. Open to any advice and comments, thanks for your time.
Burr Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:19 PM   #2

Haven't seen anyone on the forums that has a 379, I think it is a fairly new floorplan. We took delivery of our 378 last September and we love it. There have only been a few things that have been wrong but not beyond my ability to fix myself.

The water tank venting system on most all of FRs products is a bit screwed up and will therefore siphon a lot of water overboard. If you dry camp like we do then this is a big concern. On ours the vent hose is 3/4" so a hose end fitting with a standard garden hose shut off valve fixed that issue.

Expect a few little problems to arise here and there and you won't be disappointed if they do. Have fun with the new rig and enjoy.

Oh and welcome to the group!
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:19 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply and for the advice. I have noticed on other posts that you seem to be a fan of Costco, I love the place myself.

I notice you live in WA, does your GT have the Ford Chassis and if so has it had enough pulling power to motivate your area of the country to your satisfaction?

Thanks again.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Congrats on the new 379 and to FRF.
We have a 2007 GT 370 with the Ford F53 Chassis. It does real well on power. I added the Banks Power Cold Air Intake System. Bought it at Camping World and did the install myself. It really made a difference from the response of the pedal to the engine. It doesn't shift as often going up hills. It maintains speed up hills better than the factory set-up. Better gas mileage? I hope so, haven't been able to go very far this spring to get a good reading.
We've haven't had many problems just minor things that I either fixed or the dealership took care of. FR has always been very good about any request we've had for parts etc to fix things. We thoroughly enjoy ours where ever we go.
One place I always recommend for RV things is WalMart. They have a pretty good selection of necessities at real good prices. Enjoy your new RV!! If there's anything we can help with , other than payments, just ask.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burr Rabbit View Post
Thanks for the reply and for the advice. I have noticed on other posts that you seem to be a fan of Costco, I love the place myself.

I notice you live in WA, does your GT have the Ford Chassis and if so has it had enough pulling power to motivate your area of the country to your satisfaction?

Thanks again.
Yes we have the Ford Chassis and it drives much better than our old P30 on the Fleetwood we had. I especially like the track bars front and rear that keep side to side movement about the axles in check. We flat tow a rather heavy Jeep most of the time and power seems to be quite good. I especially like the "Tow/Haul" mode switch which re-programs the transmission for towing and provides automatic downshifting for compression braking when descending grades. It works quite well.

We do like Costco but don't get there much actually. I am actually a fan of getting what I need for the best price possible which for RVrs isn't usually Camping World. Although I like CW they aren't usually the best price.

Got to get back out to the garage and get to work loading our rig, gonna head out on Monday for a few nights....
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #6

Just took delivery of a 2010 Georgetown 378 12/09/09. So far so good. No problems to date. Had a FR product in the form of a 2003 Cedar Creek 5ver which was geat also. Think you will like it.
betndavrv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betndavrv2 View Post
Just took delivery of a 2010 Georgetown 378 12/09/09. So far so good. No problems to date. Had a FR product in the form of a 2003 Cedar Creek 5ver which was geat also. Think you will like it.
Congrats on the new GT 378 and welcome to the forum. If there's anything we can help with just ask. We all learn something everyday from the great people here no matter what you have.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 01-17-2010, 04:25 PM   #8

Congrats on the new purchase. we have the 2008 378 Georgetown and had very little problems with it. Just got back out your way from Virginia, some 8900 mile trip and had no problems at all. We also tow 4 on the ground, a Saturn Aura and had no problems traveling across I-90 over the mts you have out there. The ford V-10 does a good job. Since we live in it, in Florida, for a few months, ours get a lot of use in the winter. Just developed a leak in the windshield that I am going to have someone fix. We had a heavy rain last nite.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #9

Congrats! I have a 370XL.. LOVE IT!

The Ford Chassis / Engine has no problem, even with my Saturn hanging on the rear, but I am putting on the Banks air intake this Spring.

Drive it to a wheel alignment place on the way home... Then send the bill to Forest River.
TulsaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:10 PM   #10

Congrats on your purchase. Also new to FRF. We have a 2008 373DS and we love it. Good power, rides smooth and is great to tow with. Last year pulling 2 big harleys in an enclosed 12' trailer we climbed the mountain coming out of Denver on 70 enroute to Utah. While not breaking any speed records, it walked the dog up the mountain.

I looked at the Forest River website they don't yet have the 379 floor plan up yet. Look forward to seeing it.
Jim H
Jim Harkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:29 PM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Harkins View Post
Congrats on your purchase. Also new to FRF. We have a 2008 373DS and we love it. Good power, rides smooth and is great to tow with. Last year pulling 2 big harleys in an enclosed 12' trailer we climbed the mountain coming out of Denver on 70 enroute to Utah. While not breaking any speed records, it walked the dog up the mountain.

I looked at the Forest River website they don't yet have the 379 floor plan up yet. Look forward to seeing it.
Jim H
The 379 was in the 2009 Brochure but is not in the 2010 Brochure. FR most likely is not going to continue that model once all orders have been filled. The same thing happened with the 370 we have. It was shown in the 2008 Brochure but not the 2009 brochure but there were models made in 2009.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 02-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #12

I noticed the same thing and have been perplexed why they would drop the 379 TS. We love the floorplan and is the primary reason we bought a FR as they were the only MH on the market with this floorplan. Everyone that has seen it really liked it as well. We have used ours many times since taking ownership in Aug. 2009. We have a had a few minor issues but have been really impressed thus far. I am also satified with the power and ride of the Ford V10 and chassis. For the money, I think FR Georgetown is the best deal for the money.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:17 PM   #13

Water Siphoning

Congrats on your new purchase. We love our 2007 391.

The water siphon issue came up from "NWJeeper". I have to ask for some help on this issue. When I'm filling up the fresh water tank and I get to the max it starts to vent water and turns into the Eveready Bunny. Just keeps going and going.......

What, why,....... how do I fix this?
Lawfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #14
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawfive View Post
Congrats on your new purchase. We love our 2007 391.

The water siphon issue came up from "NWJeeper". I have to ask for some help on this issue. When I'm filling up the fresh water tank and I get to the max it starts to vent water and turns into the Eveready Bunny. Just keeps going and going.......

What, why,....... how do I fix this?
First while you're filling the tank the air displacement causes the water to run out when it gets close to where the vent is tied into the tank. Not sure if your vent from the water tank is the same as mine. The one on our motorhome looks like a pool hose with a piece of screening taped over the end. I cut a short piece off, bought a PVC valve, I think it was a 3/4" but I took the piece of hose with me to HD. The hose fits snug on the outside of the valve. I taped it with white electrical tape and put the screen back on. I use it as a vent when filling the tank or using the tank once I'm set up. During travel I close the valve so the water stays in the tank. The vent is lower than the tank so once it starts draining it syphons most of the water out of the tank. If you vent is different just place a valve in it so it can be closed during travel.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 02-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #15

Water Siphoning

Thanks Charlie.

Yes, my vent is the same as yours, mesh taped over a small plastic water line.

I will take good look, cut off a small end piece and use it as a pattern to buy a valve at HD. I will install the valve where I cut off the hose and redo a small screen on the open end.

If I understand you correctly, I will leave the valve open during water tank fill, after water starts to run out of it during a refill operation I will shut off the water supply hose, shut the newly installed valve and leave it closed till I start to use the water tank.

With luck I thus interrupt the siphon and have more fresh water in the tank. No wonder I was running low on fresh when I still had gray and black water capacity. Thought I was seeing some sort of miracle there or bad sensors in the tanks.

I've been RV'ing now since October and am a total newbie but love the learning and really appreciate how nice folks are in the various forums I've read from front to back.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...es/trink39.gif
Lawfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #16
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawfive View Post
Thanks Charlie.

Yes, my vent is the same as yours, mesh taped over a small plastic water line.

I will take good look, cut off a small end piece and use it as a pattern to buy a valve at HD. I will install the valve where I cut off the hose and redo a small screen on the open end.

If I understand you correctly, I will leave the valve open during water tank fill, after water starts to run out of it during a refill operation I will shut off the water supply hose, shut the newly installed valve and leave it closed till I start to use the water tank.

With luck I thus interrupt the siphon and have more fresh water in the tank. No wonder I was running low on fresh when I still had gray and black water capacity. Thought I was seeing some sort of miracle there or bad sensors in the tanks.

I've been RV'ing now since October and am a total newbie but love the learning and really appreciate how nice folks are in the various forums I've read from front to back.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...es/trink39.gif
No problem. I first thought mine was ok because for two years it never happened. Then last summer it did. I went from a full tank to about 1/3 tank. So I took NWJeeper's advice and added the valve. It's been fine since.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR