Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
awwall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Biloxi, Ms
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
You have just begun the battle! The underlying cause of the reverse valve problem is well covered by this Post-mine. I went through it a year ago, pulling the direction valve connector every time I needed to bring up jacks or slides. It was scary. Please read this article in Word from the Georgetown section. Very detailed with photos. Not a big deal if you know what to do . Show the pictures if you order the cable , I had it shipped 3 times to get it right. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...0&d=1345299747
Thanks Vince, read your document. Filed it away under repairs. Just curious, you listed the correct PN for a slide and jack cable, do you still have the number for just the jacks cable? If not I'll work it though Lippert.
__________________

__________________
Wayne & Susan Biloxi,Ms
2012 GeorgeTown 351DS...2015 Ford Focus/Brake Buddy
FROG Member
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by awwall View Post
Thanks Vince, read your document. Filed it away under repairs. Just curious, you listed the correct PN for a slide and jack cable, do you still have the number for just the jacks cable? If not I'll work it though Lippert.
Believe they are intertwined to utilize the reversing valve for all 7 functions, don't think they can be installed separately. I think it was only $141 although I had it under warranty and don't remember for certain. It was no more that that.
__________________

__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:10 AM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
awwall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Biloxi, Ms
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Believe they are intertwined to utilize the reversing valve for all 7 functions, don't think they can be installed separately. I think it was only $141 although I had it under warranty and don't remember for certain. It was no more that that.

Thanks Vince
__________________
Wayne & Susan Biloxi,Ms
2012 GeorgeTown 351DS...2015 Ford Focus/Brake Buddy
FROG Member
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:01 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: oregon
Posts: 204
2012 378 slides

howdy: backed motor home out of shop to have room, and started generator and ran all slides out and left them out and turned generator off, and started V10 motor and ran all jacks down Manuel and all worked good left them for 4 hours. Came out later turned control panel back on with motor running and retracted all jacks good. Shut motor off. Started generator and ran all slides back in, waited a few minutes and ran them back out all worked good, and in. Pete
__________________
petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
howdy: backed motor home out of shop to have room, and started generator and ran all slides out and left them out and turned generator off, and started V10 motor and ran all jacks down Manuel and all worked good left them for 4 hours. Came out later turned control panel back on with motor running and retracted all jacks good. Shut motor off. Started generator and ran all slides back in, waited a few minutes and ran them back out all worked good, and in. Pete

Are you saying it was low battery voltage that caused the problem?
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: oregon
Posts: 204
2012 378ts main slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Are you saying it was low battery voltage that caused the problem?
no I had it plugged into shore power. Steve at forest river said these pumps do this some times. He said all you got to do is reset by pulling black and white wire, not sure if I believe all of that yet. Time will tell. thanks. Pete
__________________
petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
no I had it plugged into shore power. Steve at forest river said these pumps do this some times. He said all you got to do is reset by pulling black and white wire, not sure if I believe all of that yet. Time will tell. thanks. Pete
Pete not sure I buy that either. When mine failed the solenoid for the reversing valve was always energized. The only way to get the hyd pump to reverse flow was to remove the harness (Black/white) connector.When I got the cable changed, I kept the original one and literally dissected it. I found the electronics in the cable assembly, pictured in my report you have, had failed so the reversing valve was always energized. Yours hasn't failed yet and mine reverted back to normal ops a few times then quit completely.
Mine wasn't a mechanical, more like electronic problem. On or off, nothing to reset!
__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:37 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: oregon
Posts: 204
2012 378ts main slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Pete not sure I buy that either. When mine failed the solenoid for the reversing valve was always energized. The only way to get the hyd pump to reverse flow was to remove the harness (Black/white) connector.When I got the cable changed, I kept the original one and literally dissected it. I found the electronics in the cable assembly, pictured in my report you have, had failed so the reversing valve was always energized. Yours hasn't failed yet and mine reverted back to normal ops a few times then quit completely.
Mine wasn't a mechanical, more like electronic problem. On or off, nothing to reset!
I agree with you on reversing valve being bad, and new cable. I will watch this real close and see what happens. We are leaving next week for 12 days,at least I know I can get slides to come in now. These pumps are to temperamental I think. Or they are just junk. I worked for Boeing for 35 years and I know Boeing would not of put up with this kind of product?? thanks a lot for info. Pete
__________________

__________________
petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.