Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #1

2012 G 378TS Slideout open by itself

The right slideout (behind the passenger) had a tendency to open by itself.
In my last travel I put two bar inside the motorhome to be sure it did not open by itself when we were moving on the road.

Now the G is parked at the side of the house, connected to 15 amp and the slideout opened 3 times by itsel for about 3-4 inches. Everything work ok when I closed it and there is hydraulic fluid in the reservoir and the hoses seem ok too.

I am scheduled next week for RV maintenance and I want to know if anyone had this problem or have any idea about the causes/solutions?

Thank You
senforex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #2

You need to take it toyour dealer asap.
You have a hydralic leak in one of your hoses or fitting.
The pressure is not being maintained because of the leak some where and the pump is compensating trying to keep it in or out and it slowly bleeds more pressure on one side the piston than the other.

If you can and want to check look around your pump first for blisters on the lines or leakage around the pump.
I just thought also if yo have had the hydralic system worked on recently one of the valves may not be in the proper position.
You can check by reading the manual and using an allen wrench on each valve to see if they are in the auto mode and not partually open in a manual mode.

If I remember they all need to be turn clockwise in auto mode.

See figure 5a and 5b in the attached trouble shooting manual
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Georgetown_Hyd_Sys_Trouble_manual.pdf (1.03 MB, 67 views)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #3

The valve allen adjustment must be made fully counterclockwise for auto mode. Clockwise adjustment would be for manual mode.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
The valve allen adjustment must be made fully counterclockwise for auto mode. Clockwise adjustment would be for manual mode.
Thanks for the correction. I knew that but didn't writew it and I'm too late to edit and change. 120 minutes have been exceeded to edit.
Thanks
Old 05-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #5

Thank you Iggy and Bubbles for the information.

The pdf is for the LCI electronic leveling for my jacks but my problem is with the right slideout! Am I understand correctly, the same principle for the slideout should apply ?

Somebody mention to me that one solenoide could be defective?

Thank you
Old 05-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by senforex View Post
Thank you Iggy and Bubbles for the information.

The pdf is for the LCI electronic leveling for my jacks but my problem is with the right slideout! Am I understand correctly, the same principle for the slideout should apply ?

Somebody mention to me that one solenoide could be defective?

Thank you
Let the experts check it out and answer the questions for you.We can only guess. I had a similiar problem and it was leaking hoses that reduced the hold pressure to keep slide in and the other side of the piston slowly pushed it out.
After a few problems of hose Lippert (LCI) the manuf repalced all my hoses.
Good luck
Old 05-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #7

The Lippert system controls the levellers and the slide-outs. It's a total package. You have leveler control valves and slide-out control valves. On the end of all of the valves there is an allen head socket and all of them should be rotated completely counter clockwise for normal operation. If there is a malfunction with the system and can't be remedied readily then the procedure calls for rotating those allen head sockets fully clockwise. IGGY is right though, you really should consult with the Lippert company experts. I did not have the problem you are having but I too had to have all my return (orange) hoses replaced due to bulges in them. Have had no reoccurance of the bulge issue. I did contact Lippert directly with the hose issue and they sent new hoses to my local rv repair facility and all was done under warranty. No cost to me. Did not have to go back to dealer for repair, which is 90 miles away.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #8

We have a 2013 Georgetown 378. Our main slide (behind passenger seat) slides out 2-3 inches while traveling. Dealer told us it was a leak in the hydraulic system. They have ordered parts. Meanwhile, they suggested cramming a couple 2x4's between top of slide and ceiling while traveling. Hmmmmm--don't think the vinyl ceiling would take too kindly to that. I've thought about cramming towels up there, but we've never had it go further than a couple inches so have been waiting for repairs for now.
ladysanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #9

Ladysanford, here what I am using until the problem is resolved and after I think...

Two slideout lock

Slide Lock- 24" to 44" - American Technology SL2444 - Slideouts & Storage Bays - Camping World
Old 05-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #10

Thank you!! The dealer also suggested slide out locks, so I'll have to look into it. We never needed them with our 5th wheel so was hoping they wouldn't be necessary. Probably good to have, though.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #11

When you head to the dealer and have the slides in just trip the 100 amp resettavble breaker in the upper left hand back where the batteries are located.
This disconnect power tot he pump ehich is trying to maintain pressure inthe system.
This will stop them from travelling out and reduces the risk while getting to the dealer.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #12

Thank you!! I'll pass on this info to the hubby. We'll be on the road in a few days--very timely.