Old 10-06-2016, 04:16 PM   #1

2012 Georgetown 351 DS refresh

Has anybody done a refresh/remodel? I have a 2012 351DS and looking to invest a little to bringing it back to life. Probably will replace the couch for sure, but curious if anyone has any pictures they could share of a remodel or things you may have added to make it more comfortable or user friendly.

Thanks in advance!

Ed

Old 10-06-2016, 05:08 PM   #2

Got rid of my couch and installed this double recliner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5019275317.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	122272   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4763.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	327.8 KB
ID:	122273  

Iggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 10:18 AM   #3

Wow thats nice but must of been a bear to get thru the door
Old 10-07-2016, 10:27 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Most of them have removable backs, so it actually breaks down into 3 sections. I looked into doing this also.
2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 10:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVnut View Post
Wow thats nice but must of been a bear to get thru the door
The backs come off and the whole thing splits down the center when packaged.
It was very easy. Mounted to the slide floor with some short screws.

Iggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:39 PM   #6

Our rig isn't as long as Iggy's, so our space in the exact same location only allows for the double recliner. Our studio chair is positioned for travel behind the co-pilot seat, but we can position it wherever once we're parked. BTW...our double recliner looks exactly the same style, but ours is in black to match the driver and co-pilot seat.

I also changed out the backsplash in the kitchen from mirrors to a style that mimics the old style tin ceilings (hated the constant cleaning of water spots)

I installed a fireplace where none existed, however, because I was restricted in real estate, it's not as large as rigs where it was designed to have one from the start.

Changed the bathroom door to hinge from the opposite side. It now allows us to create privacy when opened, and actually makes it a ensuite to the bedroom.

Oh......and as any man would do....replaced the living room TV from 32" to 40" and installed a sound bar.

My Georgetown is now a "Limited Edition" and I installed the badge to state that.

I'm addicted to mods....and there's no cure short of buying another RV.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:44 PM   #7

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2016, 12:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Our rig isn't as long as Iggy's, .........

Oh......and as any man would do....replaced the living room TV from 32" to 40" and installed a sound bar. ...................
I have a 2011 Georgetown 327DS and would like to know how to remove the main cabin TV from the wall. FR techs, at this year's International rally, were unable to remove it when they tried to replace it for me.

My suspicion is that FR bolted it to a plywood panel then mounted the panel to the wall and installed trim around the edges to hide the mounting screws. If I can remove it, I'd like to replace it with a thinner unit and design a horizontal slide mount for the TV that will allow watching the TV when the main cabin slide is closed.

Unfortunately, on this unit, there's not enough space for a commercial horizontal slide mount for the television.

Phil
Old 10-09-2016, 12:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Our rig isn't as long as Iggy's, so our space in the exact same location only allows for the double recliner. Our studio chair is positioned for travel behind the co-pilot seat, but we can position it wherever once we're parked. BTW...our double recliner looks exactly the same style, but ours is in black to match the driver and co-pilot seat.

I also changed out the backsplash in the kitchen from mirrors to a style that mimics the old style tin ceilings (hated the constant cleaning of water spots)

I installed a fireplace where none existed, however, because I was restricted in real estate, it's not as large as rigs where it was designed to have one from the start.

Changed the bathroom door to hinge from the opposite side. It now allows us to create privacy when opened, and actually makes it a ensuite to the bedroom.

Oh......and as any man would do....replaced the living room TV from 32" to 40" and installed a sound bar.

My Georgetown is now a "Limited Edition" and I installed the badge to state that.

I'm addicted to mods....and there's no cure short of buying another RV.
Can you post photos?

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, georgetown