Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2019, 08:27 AM   #1

2012 GT 378 resale value

We travel from Ontario to Florida where we spend our winter .Due to health isssues we are considering selling or using our 2012 GT 378 as a trade in and getting 5th wheel and leaving it here ( Florida) and commuting by car.
I'm trying to get an idea what it's resale value might be. RV dealers seem to play games - wanting you to commit to something before they'll give you any idea. Has anyone out there made the kind of switch we're thinking of . Our mh is is good condition with aprox 38 k
Nomore9-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:55 AM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

I’m guessing from your post.....you’re thinking/hoping to sell your Georgetown in Florida versus back here in Ontario?

If that’s the case, you’ll have a lot more prices/places to judge by with the American market. You’ll be dealing with US dollars in both the selling and buying of the two units.

Others should be able to chime in with the best websites and dealers to shop within. Also....you might see comparable prices in the buy/sell section here on the Forest River forums.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:08 AM   #3

According to NADA the average high retail in Central TX is $65,200. Actually, it's worth whatever you can get for it; either trade in or direct sale. NADA and Kelly are "guides" and should be referenced as such.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:33 PM   #4

I would guess the retail value between $59,000 and $69,000
If you trade it in they will probably offer you much less like in the low range of $55,000 or even less.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:37 PM   #5

Import it to the USA first!

I believe that if you intend to sell your Canadian purchased and registered RV/vehicle in the USA you must first officially import it into the USA. You can then sell privately or trade it in at a dealership in the USA. Look for current information and rules around buying / selling vehicles online and contact a reputable vehicle broker to assist with the paperwork including registration and insurance.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:03 PM   #6

Dealers will play all sorts of games when buying a vehicle. Recently I bought a 2017 GMC 2500HD Denali that had about 5500 miles on it and traded in a 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe with 129k on it. I told the dealer "Here's the net difference that I'm willing to pay - you can take it out of the new vehicle price or increase the trade-in value - whatever works best for you". We reached an agreement at the net difference that I offered. I might have gotten a slightly better deal trying to sell the Tahoe myself but didn't want the hassle of it.
kluza2786 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags