Old 10-13-2016, 12:17 PM   #1
2013 378xl help please

We purchased a used 2013 378xl and need to know if it was made with a inverter?
I know where the converter is, but wondering if this big residential fridge has an inverter for when we are not on shore power. The other reason I thought we had one is that in all the paperwork for the mh is a xantrex inverter owners guide. Its feasible previous owner bought an inverter and took it with them forgetting the paperwork.
Anyway, Lol we can't find it anywhere!

Carol K

ckrkrovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:32 PM   #2
If the fridge and other 110V items don't run when you are on just batteries then you don't have an inverter or if you do it is switched off.

Retired Navy
Jake my sidekick (yellow Lab)
2006 F350 6.0
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:43 PM   #3
Carol K
If you have a residential refrigerator (120 volt only) you have a 1,000 or possibly a 2,000 watt invertor.
It is strictly for the refrigerator and nothing else.

Now on the 378XL I have no idea where they hid it can guess it is usually below the refrigerator and accessed from the compartment below the refrigerator and only can be seen if you remove the black plastic screwed in cover that is at the top of the outside compartment.
At least this can help you start looking.
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 49,000 miles
(2013 - 98 days) (2014 - 117 days) (2015 - 67 days) (2016 - 115 days)
USAF Retired - MSgt

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:51 PM   #4
2013 378xl help please

They hide them pretty well. Mine is hidden behind the bottom door in my pantry. Others I think have an access above their propane tank. Check for a switch or button by the entry steps. Mine is a button and lights up green when the inverter is on. In any case it will be within reach of your fridge cord. :-)

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox
RJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:53 PM   #5
Send a message via AIM to dutch
I found mine where there is vents on the top of the side of the fridge when you coming down the steps to go out its is on the right side on top. You will have to remove the wooden looking vent two screws holding it inverter is sitting in there. Hope that helps took me awhile to find it too.
2013 Georgetown XL 378
Toad 2012 Honda Civic
Dutch & Kathie & shitzue Buddy
US Air Force Retire SMS
dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 01:08 PM   #6
We have checked above the propane tank and we just took that cover in the bay off below the fridge that Iggy mentioned.
Hubby is just taking apart a cupboard in the bathroom that must run under our pantry?
This is the last one we have to open, I think.

Carol K
Old 10-13-2016, 01:13 PM   #7

do you have a switch like this somewhere near the entry door.

if so, there is an inverter in the coach. just a matter of finding it
2014 Georgetown XL 352QS
2013 Days Camped-10 (in a rental)
2014 Days Camped-52
2015 Days Camped-53

2016 Days Camped-32
chrisbailey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 01:28 PM   #8
Success!! So damn excited lol.
While sitting on the toilet there is a cupboard facing you, when you open it there is a top shelf and bottom of it is boarded off. Two screws later and we are looking at an inverter and lots of jumbled wires.
We were expecting the Xantrex Pro watt inverter as we have that manual but we have a Cen-Tech 3000 continuous 6000 peak inverter. Yay.
Here's the sad part, we had totally missed the switch at the stairs. Its not like the one in the last post but a generic one in amongst the other ones. Even so neither one of us going in and out of the place for the last month have questioned it. Duh. Thank you all so much for the hints and help, happy to say it all works.
Now to switch off the power and see how long those batteries run it for before we hit the road!

Carol K

2013, 378xl