Old 05-29-2014, 08:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
Woke up early one morning and got everything ready to go but forgot to look up. A pole in the park found the awning. Both DW and I do a walkthrough before we leave and we both missed it.
oh man i feel for ya on that one....

you check and then get bit....sorry to hear about it and i hope you get things square as quick and cheaply as you can

Front & Rear Roadmaster Sway Bars
Koni Shocks
Front and Rear Sumo Springs Jounce Replacement
willingtonpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:12 AM   #22

Al,
Out at our MH now, the instructions are very vague with no actual part #s. Here's a photo of the front page. Can check the arms tomorrow if you need.
Good luck!
Garren
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	53797  

Old 05-30-2014, 06:15 AM   #23

Looked at mine last night and did not locate any numbers. I do see the plastic pieces you referred to on the side with the wiring. The one up against the coach I was able to pop out and check behind it. I did not have a tall enough ladder to get the one off of the arm that extends out to check under it.
Hopefully someone else here can get up high enough to pop that one out and check it for you. That one does seem to slide in a track so not sure how easy it will be to take off.

Charleston SC
3 Boston Terriers, 1 Frenchie
Gonna miss you Toby. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:37 AM   #24

Thanks for looking guys. I've been communicating with a very knowledgeable person at that rv online store. We are good to go on the awning but there are two options for the arms (Standard and Basement). It's something to do with how far from the awning the arms are. Since I don't have anything installed it's been difficult to send him measurements, but I sent him pictures and hopefully today he'll figure out which ones I need.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:28 AM   #25

I think it sucks that Forest River has not been more help to you. I could see if your rig was 10 years old or something, but gosh its basically a new more popular model. You'd think they could of answered all of your questions with one phone call or email.
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:54 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
I think it sucks that Forest River has not been more help to you. I could see if your rig was 10 years old or something, but gosh its basically a new more popular model. You'd think they could of answered all of your questions with one phone call or email.
They told me to call Dometic. I did and they told me that there are two types of arms, but couldn't help me because they didn't know which ones were installed in my coach. They didn't even know that the awning part number I gave them did include the weathershield.

You are right though. FR should have been able to tell me right off the bat the part numbers needed. They seem to have the "take it to the dealer" policy. I only have two dealers in my area. The one I bought if from which is 1.5 hours away. We refuse to go back there due to how they treated us. The other one is about 45 minutes away and the first thing they told me is that if I didn't buy it there they couldn't help me with warranty issues. I then told them it was insurance and they fit me in. Then the quote was outrageous. They quoted an entire day of labor to install an awning that already has the upper mounts and the lower holes predrilled. I even saved the entire wire length with the connector for the motor and it's taped on the side of the coach. All they have to do it route the wire to the motor and plug it in. It's all bolt on work and the hardest thing is to remove the old sealer from the rail screws. I can have everything done in a couple of hours max.

It's a shame with dealers like that, but my guess is that they are all that way. I need to find a good RV repair shop in my area for when the big stuff happens.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:58 AM   #27

Could I bother someone to take a picture of the mounting brackets on their 351. Primarily how everything is mounted to the upper brackets.

The folk I'm dealing with said that the way our awnings are installed is not the conventional way. Usually the awning is mounted with a rail to the side of the coach, but ours are mounted to the roof.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:02 AM   #28

I'm at work right now, but will be back out there in about 5 hours - if you don't get any others, I'll be happy to do it.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAndGarren View Post
I'm at work right now, but will be back out there in about 5 hours - if you don't get any others, I'll be happy to do it.
That'll be great, thank you.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:32 PM   #30

Pictures below, let me know if you need more!
Being roof mounted explains why they are so dang tall!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	287.4 KB
ID:	53851  

Tags
2013, 2014