Old 05-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #31

Hmmmmm. First ones didn't go. Trying again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	53853  

Old 05-30-2014, 05:35 PM   #32

Again.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	53854  

Old 05-30-2014, 05:49 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAndGarren View Post
Again.....
Thanks so much for the pictures. I sent them to the vendor so they can verify what I need. I think what's going to happen is that the arms are regular Dometic items, but not the upper bracket adapters. I hope not, because if they are I don't know how I'm going to get them.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:21 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
Thanks so much for the pictures. I sent them to the vendor so they can verify what I need. I think what's going to happen is that the arms are regular Dometic items, but not the upper bracket adapters. I hope not, because if they are I don't know how I'm going to get them.
Wow, never thought about FR using their own parts. That could be a real problem.

Charleston SC
3 Boston Terriers, 1 Frenchie
Gonna miss you Toby. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:35 PM   #35
gspage53

Send a message via Yahoo to gspage53
Hey Al, did you get setup on your awning? Man, I forgot about asking the FR dealership here. When I go to work, I cant remember where I live until I get off. I am sorry and can call tomorrow if you still need it?
Old 06-02-2014, 08:16 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspage53 View Post
Hey Al, did you get setup on your awning? Man, I forgot about asking the FR dealership here. When I go to work, I cant remember where I live until I get off. I am sorry and can call tomorrow if you still need it?
I have an online vendor looking into it, but so far no luck on which arms I need. I've also contacted FR for the second time to see if they can help...still waiting.

I find it hard to believe, but it is sounding like FR did some sort of custom job on these awnings. Not sure why they installed it on the roof vs. the sidewall.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #37

Not that I have ever owned one, but only going by what I've been told, read or heard, this thread sounds like an advertisement for Winnebago and their parts numbering and inventorying. I am in total dis-belief that Forest River so far has not been of any assistance in supplying the needed information to get Al back on the road.
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:39 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
Not that I have ever owned one, but only going by what I've been told, read or heard, this thread sounds like an advertisement for Winnebago and their parts numbering and inventorying. I am in total dis-belief that Forest River so far has not been of any assistance in supplying the needed information to get Al back on the road.
Well, the only contact I have is Kevin Stratton and I contacted him about my awning and TV issues. He told me to contact Dometic...which was a waste of time. For the TV I have to take it to a dealer so I said screw it and bought another TV.

I am getting frustrated because there has to be at least a couple of people at FR that know exactly what I need. They could just give me the part number or if it's a custom part, I could buy it directly from them. I just don't get it.

Any other ideas? We've been camping without an awning, but would like to have it installed before our trip to FL towards the end of the month.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:26 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
I find it hard to believe, but it is sounding like FR did some sort of custom job on these awnings. Not sure why they installed it on the roof vs. the sidewall.
I wonder if it was to keep it above the door? That's the only reason I've been able to come up with ......

Garren
Old 06-02-2014, 05:41 PM   #40

First, I want to thank everyone that took time to get pictures, make phone calls, etc. You guys are good people.

We've decided to go ahead and pay the Stealer 2600 to have our awning back again. Didn't hear back from FR or the vendor that was helping out. The vendor I can understand since they probably hit a dead end, but....

Anywho, we'll be taking it back to the dealer on Friday and hopefully it will be ready for our trip at the end of the month.

Cheers, AL

Tags
2013, 2014