Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2014, 10:57 AM   #1

2013 & 2014 GT 351ds Owners - Help

I finally received a quote to get my awning replaced and it seems like a crazy quote.

When I asked FR for the part number for my entire awning assembly they gave me just one number. Come to find out that number is only for the fabric, tube, and motor. I need to find out the part number for the rest which is the mounting hardware (arms, brackets, etc.), and the weather shield cover.

Could someone please look at their awning and provide the correct part numbers?

The only part number I have is 918EH14.001U

The dealer I took it to quoted me $1650 for all the hardware, and 8 hours at 99 bucks an hour for the install. All they have to do is install it as there was zero damage to the coach and the top brackets, wiring, and lower mounts are already there. I can do the same in about 2 hours tops.

I'm going to do it myself if I can find all of the part numbers and a place to order them from.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:44 AM   #2

We are going out camping tomorrow night - if you don't get any answers by then, I'm happy to take a look (its a 2015, but hopefully not much different)

I also know I have the manual for the awning (also in the RV) so I will look in there as well.

Thanks!
Garren
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:52 AM   #3

Thanks Garren, I appreciate that. I also left a message with Kevin Stratton at FR to see if he can help.

I just got off the phone with the dealer that provided the quote and they told me that their FR representative said that my coach did not come with a weather shield. Every single 2014 GT I've seen has one.

This isn't going to be easy. Ugh!
Old 05-28-2014, 11:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post

This isn't going to be easy. Ugh!
Somehow, it never is with a MH!!! I am now learning this.....

Garren
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #5

Not looking at mine but the ph number on the 9100 power awning manual for customer service and assistance is 800-544-4881

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:56 PM   #6

4 numbers on tag on vinyl portion;

918EH14.001U

Not sure which one you need

Cannot lower at this time to see if numbers on arm are the same
Let me know if you need them and I'll move it so I can lower it and check

Charleston SC
Old 05-28-2014, 05:10 PM   #7
gspage53

Send a message via Yahoo to gspage53
I looked at every scrap of the 50 pounds of paper I got on mine and found nothing on the awning. The dealer I bought mine from is Madison RV and they are an authorized maintenance center for FR. Its 5 pm here so they are gone today but I'll be glad to call them for you tomorrow if you like. PM me or email me at gspage53@gmail.com.
gspage53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd10 View Post
Not looking at mine but the ph number on the 9100 power awning manual for customer service and assistance is 800-544-4881
I called Dometic and that's how I found out I needed three part numbers. They couldn't really help me because they don't know what FR installed in my coach.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:37 PM   #9

Quote:
4 numbers on tag on vinyl portion;

918EH14.001U

Not sure which one you need

Cannot lower at this time to see if numbers on arm are the same
Let me know if you need them and I'll move it so I can lower it and check
Thanks CJ, maybe they included all of the part number in one tag. I'll check with Dometic tomorrow to see if they can find those part numbers. I really appreciate it.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspage53 View Post
I looked at every scrap of the 50 pounds of paper I got on mine and found nothing on the awning. The dealer I bought mine from is Madison RV and they are an authorized maintenance center for FR. Its 5 pm here so they are gone today but I'll be glad to call them for you tomorrow if you like. PM me or email me at gspage53@gmail.com.
I appreciate your help. Let me see if I get a response from FR with the correct part numbers. Another member also posted new part numbers and those may be it. If you still want to call your dealer that would be great. I can use all the help I can get with this one. I can't believer how hard it's been to get this awning replaced, it's not rocket science here. I want to make sure I get the correct parts because everything is predrilled in our coach and don't want to have to deal with wrong parts. Cheers, AL
Old 05-28-2014, 06:46 PM   #11

OK here is the tag on the awning roller. Appears the numbers are the same as the tag on the vinyl.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0037.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	246.9 KB
ID:	53591  

Charleston SC
Old 05-28-2014, 09:46 PM   #12
Happy Member

Al,

Unfortunally, I can't open my awning (there a house in front of it)...but I can look this weekend if yo still need numbers and specs once I take the coahcout on the street.

let us know....or PM too.
2013 FR GT 351DFS
GT4six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:45 AM   #13

Quote:
OK here is the tag on the awning roller. Appears the numbers are the same as the tag on the vinyl.
Thanks for the picture. Now I'm wondering if all those numbers are just for the awning. Is there another decal on the arms, or wall brackets?
Old 05-29-2014, 07:31 AM   #14

I can't check the arms this evening but don't recall ever seeing any other markings.
Don't know if this will help but looks like this company sells the whole awning unit with the weather shield for around $500. Also looks like they may sell just the hardware portion.

A&E 9100 Power Awnings

Charleston SC
Old 05-29-2014, 07:50 AM   #15

Thanks for the link CJ. It looks like the hardware is available as Standard or Basement. Not sure which one we have. I found a Dometic catalog and found out that our awnings are the Weather Pro with the metal Weathershield. Could not find our color code though.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:13 AM   #16

not to sidetrack you too much, but what happened to your awning ?

Front & Rear Roadmaster Sway Bars
Koni Shocks
Front and Rear Sumo Springs Jounce Replacement
willingtonpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by willingtonpaul View Post
not to sidetrack you too much, but what happened to your awning ?
Woke up early one morning and got everything ready to go but forgot to look up. A pole in the park found the awning. Both DW and I do a walkthrough before we leave and we both missed it.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:50 PM   #18

Okay guys, After umpteen requests from different vendors I finally got someone who knows what they are doing. I can't believe that even the Dometic rep didn't know that the part number provided included everything but the arms.

All I need now is the part number of the arms. Apparently it is located inside of the front arm channel. IIRC, there was a plastic trim that snaps into place so it may or may not be visible.

Here is the message from americanrvcompany.com The price they gave me for the awing is 750...Camping World quoted me 1050.

[The model number you provided is for the roller tube assembly only (tube, fabric, motor and torsion spring, and metal weather shield. We will need the model number of the arms also. The ID label for the arms is located on the inside of the front arm channel, and is visible when the awning is extended.

The replacement roller tube assembly would be model 918NR14.000U. The "EH" code (fabric color Pewter) is no longer available and is replaced by code "NR" (fabric color Onyx.). You can see what the Onyx fabric color looks like here:]
Old 05-29-2014, 02:08 PM   #19

Wow Al, bummer! Feel for you guys. Good Luck with the parts sourcing and repair.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:35 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
Wow Al, bummer! Feel for you guys. Good Luck with the parts sourcing and repair.
No big deal, done worse. The guy that helped me tear it down at the park said he dragged his Toad for miles in gear.

Lesson learned with this coach. The awning sits so high it's almost useless unless it's noon. I'm going to add one of those permanent shades that roll up with it.

Tags
2013, 2014