Old 02-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #1

2013 Georgetown 335

So i'm looking at ordering a new 335 but im confused as to why the DVD player for all the TVs is in the dash up front? I cant see this being a HD signal. I was told i'd have to have the TVs unmounted and put a HDMI cable to dangle if i wanted it IF the TVs have the inputs.

also the one on the lot has black streaks just like my camper...so much for fiberglass roofs.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #2

I don't know what a 335 is, we have a 378 and for the past 3 years there has been absolutely no streaking on the paint from the roof. Our last unit had a rubber roof and it streaked like crazy. The fiberglass roof has been more maintenance free and really easy to clean.

JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #3

Well my dealer says there is some new paint option that basically changes the white to another color but you still have the decals...i like that over the basic for sure. I pre-ordered a few weeks back at the rv show in indianapolis and today i go look and its not a new one from the factory but one they brought up from another store. I wasnt happy...i want one noone has trampled through. There was some broken items and even marker where they said some kid drew on the couch...

So, I left and told them i would talk to my wife and both go back. But, if i do anything they are going to have to order me one from the factory like i thought i did. i'm kinda sitting on the fence about it...
Old 02-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #4

Are you sure you're talking about the DVD player as opposed to the CD player of the in-dash radio?

When I look around the interior of the 335DS from the Forest River website, I would expect your DVD player to be in the smoked glass cabinet directly above the TV which is over top of the fireplace. Not all of the Georgetown televisions are connected to the DVD/surround sound system........quite often it's just the main television.

Make sure you get the exact rig you want versus a special deal model........and a much better price for a unit they have on the lot.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #5

There is nothing there...and its only about 4in deep.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #6

Your DVD is part of the Clarion system in the center stack of the dash. It is used for all TVs in the coach. It's not connected by HDMI, but the picture is really good. The longer run for the bedroom TV is a little less quality as you would expect.

As far as the black streaks, that is likely from the caulk on the roof....It happens on $500K units too. You just don't see it as much because of the full body paint.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #7

It should be possible to have them plug in a hdmi cable and leave it for me to hook my own dvd to the TVs right?
Old 02-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #8

It's possible. But knowing FR, they will have the dealer do it after production. I'm not a fan of dealers service departments since they seem to screw up more than they fix. This would be something that would be an easy DIY. I took two of my tvs off the mounts and it was pretty easy (FR mounted them crooked).
Old 02-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #9

Do you know what model clarion unit is in the GT?
Old 02-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #10

Clarion VX401 unit. If you also get the Navi system it is the same unit with the NP401 option. I have a 2013 350TS with the navi system and would not recommend that option. I'd go with an aftermarket GPS for RVs. The other systems on the Clarion seem to work really well. The location on the dash is not the best for seeing while driving, but other than that, I like it.