Old 08-22-2014, 12:36 AM   #11

We too have the 2014 351. Prior to our first trip we had the Banks System installed which increased the noise level at higher RPM's. But with the extra Horse Power I don't regret it. The creaking noise around the windows does get old but after 10 trips and over 12,000 miles later, you don't even notice it. It is a pleasure to drive.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:22 AM   #12

We have a 2014 328 TS. I'm in it typing this message right now. I love the way this coach drives. This is our fourth trip, and by far our longest to date. Does it rattle? Yeah, on rough roads. The side windows in the front are a little noisy....I'll probably see if I can do something to stop that, but it's a lot better than the Fleetwood Flair that I rented a year ago, with the same engine. I've been extremely happy with this coach so far. Problems have been few. The black tank valve leaked a little bit. Fixed under warranty. The water filter housing was stuck....couldn't get it open. Fixed under warranty. One of the LED lights, right under the dinette bench closest to the TV got stuck....can't push it in to turn it on. That happened on this trip. There's something going on with the sub-woofer. It appears to work with some DVDs and not with others. Haven't figured out if it is the unit or the DVD or if I've got something set wrong. Everything else works well. I was afraid there would be much more to fix after reading some accounts about Forest River products.....now I think that you get more posts from people that have things go wrong than people who have things work correctly.....

Old 08-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #13

You guys with the side Window complaints. . are you referring to the front driver and passenger windows? What is the cause? The glass or Window frame? What is the fix?
Old 08-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #14

We have a 2024 378 xl and tow a Jeep. 6000 miles since November 2013. Texas to Florida and back in March. We just arrived in Vegas from Texas today. We love the coach. Engine does a great job and is relatvely quiet until you need the power. On flat land it would run 80 if you let it. The overdrive works great on the steep downhill runs like those coming into Vegas. There are rattles mainly from the stuff we haven't secured well enough. The coach is easy to drive. We have done 500 miles in a day a couple times and felt great. My wife did the drive from Flagstaff to Vegas through a couple thunderstorms with high wind and she did great. So far, a great experience full timing since June.

2014 GT 378 XL
Old 08-22-2014, 08:26 PM   #15

LouieL, I was talking about the front driver and passenger windows, and I've heard the same complaints on other threads too. And by the way, it's not HORRIBLE....but it does rattle. I only notice it when going on bumpy roads at slow speeds. If you have the engine running at a higher RPM....over 3500 or so, you will hear the engine more than you will hear the windows or anything else rattling. Most of my cruising on this trip as been at about 2200 to 2600 RPM, which is about 65 MPH on reasonably flat terrain. That is quiet enough to have conversation with no problem. Front engine class As are a little noisy......but they cost 80-100 grand less than a comparable DP. So you pays your money and you makes your choice...LOL. I like that I can work on this engine myself if I need to. I wouldn't know where to start on a diesel.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:37 PM   #16

Maintenance is a great point. Im aware of the ride qualities along with the price differences between the DP units and gassers. I was just unaware of the ride and noise control improvement s these new units are demonstrating.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:07 PM   #17

I just drove my unit home almost 100miles and it was very quiet for such a big truck .. (Again my first experience on a MH....) so nothing to compare to.. But I do drive a German auto and in comparison I was surprised how quiet it was..I actually made a video with sound ( cruising and heavy acceleration )on the highway to post here .. But can't seem to find how to post videos..
Old 08-22-2014, 11:24 PM   #18

I too have a 2014 328 TS. I'm currently stopped for the night after just 150 very pleasant miles. Drives like a dream, although there is very little wind. I notice the creaks and squeeks on the rougher roads but its nothing that bothers me. Scagsdale, I'm very interested to hear about a solution to your LED light issue as I have two with that very issue!
States Camped: Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, and Ontario CA.
swiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:29 PM   #19

I would love to see that video. You can easily load it to you tube or vimeo and post the link here.

Tags
2014, georgetown