Old 08-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
I'm wondering if you late model Georgetown(non XL) owners can share your opinion and experience with driving one of these units.

Rattles? Noise / vibration? Has the gas rv experience improved in the later model rv s with better engines and somewhat better drivetrains? Better insulation and materials? I fully understand that these are huge boxes driving down the road.

My wife really wants a GT328. Im afraid of buying a unit that sounds( rattles, sqweaks and so on) just like my 2001 Coachman (F-53chassis) gasser with no slides. Ive had this unit for 7 years!

"Say again" ? Or " what did you say"? Is getting very old...

You may say go for a test drive! That hasnt been so easy so far. You may say that I need a diesel pusher..or even a UFO gas pusher. I really don't want to do that. I enjoy doing my own drive train maintenance and cringe about air brake lines and 20 feet of failing hydraulic lines.

I would appreciate honest opinions on this subject. Thanks

LouieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:35 PM   #2
We have a 2015 351 and it is enjoyable to drive. If the road you're on is bumpy, you're going to hear a lot of rattles and squeaks . . . the engine noise is loud when it gets above 3500 RPMs. However, when the road is smooth, the ride is relatively quiet. I can carry on a conversation with my wife or kids in a normal voice. I've found that some of the things that rattle/squeak can be fixed by tightening stuff down or making some other minor adjustments.
The seats are very comfortable and I'm able to drive for hours without any discomfort. We are very pleased with the how it drives/rides, given that bumpy roads make it quite a bit more noisy.

sinksbsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:48 PM   #3
I don't have much experience regarding. MH .. But I did take a 45 minute test drive on a georgetown I'm buying ... It was empty , gen on and both AC cranking and it was smooth and relatively quiet ..even when getting on it to merge onto the highway.. .. Not what I was expecting pleasantly surprised.. But like I said first MH I've ridden in..
2010 Georgetown 300FWSSouth Florida
speedjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:11 PM   #4
Grape Escape
Our 2013 Gas motorhome is very quiet. Only time it can be a little loud is during harsh acceleration due to transm kicking down and engine reving. Only thing I ever hear rattling is window shades banging a bit on rough roads
2008 Cardinal 30RKLE 5th wheel sold
2006 Rockwood 2607, 2001 Traillite
55 nights 2009, 53 for 2010
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:22 PM   #5
This is great feed back.
LouieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:12 AM   #6
Originally Posted by LouieL View Post
This is great feed back.
howdy: we have a 2012 378ts rides nice on smooth roads ,gravel road getting into deer camp is a little rough dash shakes and a little loud also, on these rough roads I drive about 15 mph know I its slow but saves mh in long run. And in windy conditions you just got to slow down, be aware of wind. On the Columbia gorge in oregon its tuff at times. Hope this helps............ Pete
petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:37 AM   #7
Retired US Army CW4
We have a 2014 329DS. There are the usual rattles on rough roads from the front window frames, screen door, etc. I had a 2003 Gulfstream that I traded in and the Georgetown is a lot quieter going down the road.
2014 Georgetown 329DS
Towing a 2011 Jeep Wrangler JKU w/ReadyBrake
Yorkie guard dog on the dash
Tom and Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:07 PM   #8
We just bought a new 328. A few rattles in town on the rough streets, but quiet with no rattles on the road. Only been on one trip so far but loved it.
Georgetown 328 TS
Bosco100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #9
For the price the coach is remarkably quiet and smooth ride. The V10 is a high rpm engine so it is expected and normal for it to be noisy at high acceleration. We love our Georgetown.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
scivilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:09 PM   #10
We have a 2013 378xl and the side windows are horrible cheap crap dealer fixed them by putting a small nut under the rivet on the latch sorry fix drivers and pass Windows's only all others are fine

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

rwehba is offline   Reply With Quote

2014, georgetown