Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2014, 04:45 PM   #1

2014 335ds radio speaker

The speaker over the TV does not work. I switched the speaker with a known working good one. NOT the speaker. I connected a toner and verified wiring goes from speaker to radio unit. I was able to get under dash, looks like it is connected properly. I also checked the setup on radio itself. Fader full front and full rear has no effect as well as balance.
Jensen
model DV2011.

Anyone have this issue, and if so what was your remedy? Hoping that I dont have to take it to FR dealer.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 04-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #2

Everything I was going to suggest you've already done. It has to be a bad head unit. The entire sound system is crap. Don't look at the amp for the sub woofer. You'll laugh.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:01 PM   #3

The Radio portion of the color monitor went out the second day - replacement of complete unit on back order since January with no idea when it will come in. The whole unit is a bunch of crap. In a new GT360XL bought in Nov.
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:22 PM   #4

I think the honest truth is that if you buy an entry level Class A with as many nice things as the GT comes with you have to be a DIYer.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #5
Retired US Army CW4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
I think the honest truth is that if you buy an entry level Class A with as many nice things as the GT comes with you have to be a DIYer.
Amen Brother! I'm on my third motorhome and I admit I laugh when I see posts about a "screw backing out" or a "piece of trim has come off" and then complaining about the dealer taking two weeks to fix it. I tell everyone that's thinking about buying a new RV to make sure they have a good set of tools and are prepared to fix some of the small things themselves. Otherwise they're in for a world of frustration!
Tom and Kat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, radio