Old 08-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by louigi View Post
Newbie here

Just bought a 2014 328TS w/ Res. Fridge. The only time the fridge is working is on shore power or generator running. Are these inverter's an option? I only have a chassis battery and a coach battery so I guess I don't have an inverter?
No they are not an option unless they decided not to put them in 2014 models. Only you can findout from dealer or calling Forest River and asking.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by louigi
Newbie here

Just bought a 2014 328TS w/ Res. Fridge. The only time the fridge is working is on shore power or generator running. Are these inverter's an option? I only have a chassis battery and a coach battery so I guess I don't have an inverter?
That unit should include an inverter plus multiple batteries. Believe dealer should have installed batteries.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #33

VinceU,

I found the inverter for the fridge. It is in an outside storage compartment below the fridge. There is also a remote on/off switch for the inverter in the box by the entrance steps ( where the battery disconnect, step controls, awning control, etc. )

I read on this forum where another member had the same situation. There is a test & reset button on the inverter receptacle ( like a GFI ) and I bet the outlet is tripped! I will check it out when I go to the storage unit. I don't plan on doing any boondocking so I am not concerned about extra batteries. I just wanted to know if I can keep the fridge running on the road without using the generator.

thanks
Old 08-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by louigi
VinceU,

I found the inverter for the fridge. It is in an outside storage compartment below the fridge. There is also a remote on/off switch for the inverter in the box by the entrance steps ( where the battery disconnect, step controls, awning control, etc. )

I read on this forum where another member had the same situation. There is a test & reset button on the inverter receptacle ( like a GFI ) and I bet the outlet is tripped! I will check it out when I go to the storage unit. I don't plan on doing any boondocking so I am not concerned about extra batteries. I just wanted to know if I can keep the fridge running on the road without using the generator.

thanks
Good to hear!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #35

And another story about a dealer bad PDI. louigi should of been shown everything about the fridge and the inverter then. Surprised to hear he only has one battery though.
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #36

So, here is the scoop as we fully tested ours out this weekend. The fridge will run off the batteries without the generator running while driving down the road. Also, the fridge will run off the batteries while not driving. Then, the third option is it will run off the shore power when plugged in. While running off the battery, it does need to have the switch turned on near the door to run using inverter.

Our experience this weekend is that we were only getting 5 hours off the batteries just running the fridge. We were boondocking and had no hook ups for 4 days. The batteries were only running the fridge and nothing else was turned on. We would need to run the generator every 5 hours to keep the fridge at the right temps. When we went to bed every night we would charge batteries by running generator til 11pm. When we awoke in the am, the battery would be dead and fridge would be off with temp a bit higher than desired.

We would love to have others input and experiences. We had hoped that it would have lasted the night at minimum.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #37

Girls out, do you have one or two batteries?
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12
Girls out, do you have one or two batteries?
I think Berks and others have 6 batteries with Res fridge, good for 3 days plus
Old 08-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #39

I was getting about 5 hours out of mine with everything shut off except the ref and detectors. The dealer put in two new SRM-24's after I complained and I am still only getting 3 to 4 hours now. Forest River never should have put a res ref in without the support from a better bank of batteries. This is a HUGE disappointment to me.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannahdan
I was getting about 5 hours out of mine with everything shut off except the ref and detectors. The dealer put in two new SRM-24's after I complained and I am still only getting 3 to 4 hours now. Forest River never should have put a res ref in without the support from a better bank of batteries. This is a HUGE disappointment to me.
You're right, that sucks. Must disconnect shore power, keep engine running, arrive and reconnect shorepower. 2 size 24's is a joke for a draw of 90 DC amps.