Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2013, 07:52 AM   #21
Retired Ford Tech

My bad, just read it in the procedure !
rvpezzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:45 AM   #22

An earlier post stated that if you use antifreeze you don't need to blow out lines. I thought this would be the case also, except when I went to fill the fresh water tank a couple weeks ago for a trip to Florida the fresh water and city water inlets were frozen and could not fill with water for the trip. I had used antifreeze without blowing out, so far haven't seen any adverse effects. So yesterday I bought a compressor at harbor freight and will be blowing out the lines today before winterizing.

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #23

Someone posted that blowing air through the lines was not necessary...something to do with gravity taking care of it. It takes a couple of minutes to grab the compressor's air hose and blow them out. It would take a lot longer than that if water is trapped in and a line has to be replaced. Hopefully you got lucky. Let us know.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:29 AM   #24

While I don't remember where I saw it, someone suggested that when you winterize, don't forget to add a little antifreeze to the fresh water inlet and the black tank flush just to be sure no water is in there to freeze. I have not done that but think I will in the future.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:06 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bend302 View Post
While I don't remember where I saw it, someone suggested that when you winterize, don't forget to add a little antifreeze to the fresh water inlet and the black tank flush just to be sure no water is in there to freeze. I have not done that but think I will in the future.

Bill
That would work if you don't have a compressor. Cut a piece of water hose and attach a funnel to it so that gravity pushes the pink stuff in.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:19 PM   #26

Dumb question - where is the Shut off valve for the propane in a 14' FR Georgetown 351DS? I looked at my tank but don't seem to find anything that indicates that I can shut off the propane - thanks in advance.
P38wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:28 PM   #27

No such thing as a dumb question. See red arrow:

Old 04-06-2014, 09:03 PM   #28

tyvm, I looked at that knob but it was so tight in the open position that I was afraid to brake it - got it unstuck now ...

While I am at it maybe one more question - we have the propane heat on ours as well as the heat stripes - but honestly even cranking the heat stripes all the way up to 90 on the thermostat - we get only luke warm air for the ceiling outlet - are we doing something wrong ? or do they just not produce much heat?
P38wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:59 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by P38wannabe View Post
tyvm, I looked at that knob but it was so tight in the open position that I was afraid to brake it - got it unstuck now ...

While I am at it maybe one more question - we have the propane heat on ours as well as the heat stripes - but honestly even cranking the heat stripes all the way up to 90 on the thermostat - we get only luke warm air for the ceiling outlet - are we doing something wrong ? or do they just not produce much heat?
We don't have heat strips, but what I understand is that they are designed to help your furnace. In other words, you set your furnace on a certain temp and the strips will help keep that temp without using as much propane.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:19 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudysWorld View Post
An earlier post stated that if you use antifreeze you don't need to blow out lines. I thought this would be the case also, except when I went to fill the fresh water tank a couple weeks ago for a trip to Florida the fresh water and city water inlets were frozen and could not fill with water for the trip. I had used antifreeze without blowing out, so far haven't seen any adverse effects. So yesterday I bought a compressor at harbor freight and will be blowing out the lines today before winterizing.

I've never blown out the lines of any RV I've owned. 6 of them. I just make sure pink stuff is visible coming out everywhere fresh water flows. Never have I had a frozen pipe. 23 below zero last Dec without a problem. Takes me about 2gal of antifreeze to completely winterize my 335.
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 12:04 AM   #31

If the OP is still in the forum I just want to say THANKS. This is exactly what I was looking for.
EricNJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterize