Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2018, 07:05 PM   #1

2014 Georgetown 280 manual slide/jack ops

Hello, I have a 2014 Georgetown 280 and am trying to figure out the manual slide and jack operation. I found the hydraulic pump and opened the valves as required but the pump does NOT have the "famous" hex screw hole in the middle of the pump, it instead has a 1/2" nut. When I turn the nut clockwise to extend the jacks with my driver, the nut just unscrews from the pump and the jacks don't move. Also, I have read that the jack hydraulic pump doubles as the slide pump as well. Except there are only hydraulic lines that service the jacks, 4 black and 2 orange. The only slide mechanisms I can see on the slides are an upper and lower cable on each side of each slide. Does each slide have it's own motor, unlike the Lippert video I watched where one pump operates both slides and all 4 jacks. If so, where is the motor located, for I have searched and searched and cannot seem to find them. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180723_165753[1].jpg
Views:	112
Size:	469.0 KB
ID:	180986   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180723_165810[1].jpg
Views:	102
Size:	317.2 KB
ID:	180987   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180723_165730[1].jpg
Views:	109
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	180988  
Ehstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:18 AM   #2
RJJ

It appears you have a BAL Accuslide system. Manuals as well as informative videos are online. It’s a 12v system with the motor behind the trim at the top of the slide inside the coach. That is where the 4 cables attach through a system of pulleys. Not sure on manual jack operation, someone I’m sure will chime in to assist with that. Hope this helps.
RJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:51 PM   #3

Awesome! Thanks for the reply RJJ. That clears that up.
Cheers.
Ehstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:07 AM   #4
RJJ

You’re welcome. This slide system was new to me, I had hydraulic slides on my last Motorhome. It’s always “fun” learning the new systems. Lol
RJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:46 PM   #5

I have a 280...the jacks in no way can be used to move the slides.
Included with the coach is a long (maybe 12") flexible socket extension you use with a drill to turn the motor mechanism of the slide to move it in or out manually. The motor is up on top of the slide and you need to remove the wood fascia above the couch area to get to it.
My only other comment on the jacks is that there is a manual flag type breake in the battery compartment to the left of the battery center box. If something goes wrong...that is the first place to check. With everything off...just flip the flag back up and try again. Example:

I have the accuslide adjustment and service manual in pdf format attached for you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf accuslide_service-manual.pdf (1.31 MB, 68 views)
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:06 PM   #6

Hi, guys. We too have this system. Too bad the manual doesn't come with a dictionary or parts identification sheet. I would never have interpreted "Open the access hatch" to mean "remove the over head fascia board inside the coach"! I also have no clue what any of the mentioned parts, beyond "cable" look like or may be located. I need to spend some time watching videos it would appear. But thanks for the manual anyway - something is certainly better than nothing. Maybe I will be able to identify parts if they break by the symptoms they cause.
Sandy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy B View Post
Hi, guys. We too have this system. Too bad the manual doesn't come with a dictionary or parts identification sheet. I would never have interpreted "Open the access hatch" to mean "remove the over head fascia board inside the coach"! I also have no clue what any of the mentioned parts, beyond "cable" look like or may be located. I need to spend some time watching videos it would appear. But thanks for the manual anyway - something is certainly better than nothing. Maybe I will be able to identify parts if they break by the symptoms they cause.
Haha...I feel the same way...I'd be comfortable getting the slide in with my drill in an emergency...but I'm gonna leave adjustment of cables to the pros! Good luck with it all. There are only a few 280 owners on the board but we're all we've got! Yell if you have questions as you go along.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 12:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy B View Post

Here is everything the Manuf. has on its page.
BAL - Innovative Products for the RV Industry
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, 280, georgetown, manual, slide