Old 07-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #1

Talking 2014 Georgetown 328TS

As stated in another thread, we just bought a 2014 Georgetown 328TS yesterday!

We upgraded from a 24' travel trailer that we absolutely loved, but got enticed by the Class A motorhomes and made the leap yesterday.

Will take it out for first trip this weekend with our neighbors who have a 45' DP and at least this time we'll be more evenly matched! (we RV together often!).

Any advice for newbies to the Class A or to Georgetown? Definitely a switch coming from towing a trailer to driving a Class A! Lots to learn and absolutely loving it!! Will post an avatar after this weekend when we can get a nice picture of the new rig!

Old 07-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
Happy Member

Congrats on your new GT!!!
We upgraded as well from a few TT's about two months ago.

2013 FR GT 351DFS
GT4six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #3

Same here, we bought our 2011 last spring. We love it and you will too I'm sure...Enjoy &
Tim
Old 07-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

If you're able I highly recommend your first trip be close to home and take a pad and pen. Make a list of all the things you forgot and things you'll want to add. Benefit of being close to home you can run back if it's a necessity. We usually driveway camp at the beginning of the season and try to put everything through it's paces so it's ready when we hit the road. Best of luck to you all and if there's anything you need to know please ask. One of the veterans here will have the answer. Be safe and

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #5

Congrats on your new Geo. We upgraded last Sept from a 29 ft Surveyor and love it. Still don't have a toad, everything we have is not towable or too heavy. We found there was a lot of stuff to leave behind, that we had in the TT, mainly to keep the weight down. We don't carry water in the tank since we camp at state parks and campgrounds with hook up and we empty the others before we leave. We self level and then put slides out, puts less stress on the slide rams. My next job is to get under and paint all the bits FR and Ford forgot & theres a lot of them!! Good luck and happy camping.
Hampton Roads VA
2016 174 Days camping, 2017 66 days
mogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:49 PM   #6
Happy Member

Mogman, You are right about the under MH areas. I noticed rust build-up in the welding (joints) so I bought a bunch or wire brushes, primer and leftover black paint I had from our last TT....guess what I'm doing this weekend?
I mean we are OCD to begin with but this is falls under just PM....
2013 FR GT 351DFS
GT4six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:41 AM   #7

Not sure if this is a problem?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Have discovered a bit of a problem already. Not sure if it's a huge problem or just operator error.

Have the MH parked at concrete parking spot and really didn't think it that unlevel. Tried the leveling system and followed all the steps. Had the engine running, the batteries are saying full and turned on the system and set it to auto-level. It ran through the steps and then it went into error mode and lights were flashing (all 3 lights that indicate it's in error mode).

Long story short, I had to reset the breaker before I could then retract the jacks. Not even sure if the jacks were completely done leveling before it tripped the breaker. Not sure what to do now? Take it back to the dealership? Have a camping trip planned for this weekend and surely wasn't thinking this would happen.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #8

Well congratulations on the new rig! You'll love the convenience of an A vs. the TT. That being said you'll go through some anguished moments getting the bugs out of a brand new rig. As far as the jacks go I would recommend manually leveling anyways. I always eye ball up the campsite from the outside while my wife sits in the pilots seat operating the jacks. I always use a piece of wood under the jack pads for a better broader platform for them to sit on. Generally you will put the front jacks down first, just barely to touch, then the rear, same. From there adjust as needed front/back or side to side in small increments. Some use a level on the freezer floor, or a water bottle on the dinette table, I just go by the bathroom door staying half way open with out swinging either way.

Good Luck and enjoy many happy safe adventurous miles!
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #9
Retired US Army CW4

I had the same problem on my 2014 329DS when I first got it home. I found a flat spot, reset the breaker and went through the procedure for resetting the auto-level. It has worked great ever since. If I'm ever parked in a suspect spot (meaning really not level) I'll manually set the jacks. I also always use jack pads. I spend a lot of time at the beach and off-roading and the jacks start to "settle" as soon as you level the MH. The pads help.
Tom and Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #10

Chief, you may have to explain that one to me....I looked over the instructions and well......my retention factor may be way low, I didn't understand it