Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #1

2014 Georgetown 335 Camera and Map light Issue

Help! I just picked up my new 335 and the left camera stopped working. The right and the backup are fine. I attempted to troubleshoot the issue by disconnecting the backup lead and plugging in in to the left lead coming out of the monitor. It worked fine. So the problem is the lead wire to the left camera itself. The drivers side map light went out at the same time and I do not know if it is related or not. The passenger side map light works fine. Any thoughts?
BigGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #2

First check the fuse. I don't recall the number, but the fuse panel is under the steering wheel, usually by you left foot.

If that's not it, it could be a short and I would call FR.
MGOBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #3

I assume you are talking about the map light. I would assume the left camera would not have a fuse. Second, if the right light works, would the left have a separate fuse? Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGeorge View Post
I assume you are talking about the map light. I would assume the left camera would not have a fuse. Second, if the right light works, would the left have a separate fuse? Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.
Big George,
Please don't take this as condescending as this happened to me! Each map light has it's own on/off switch on the back of the light. My wife turned one light off and I also thought something was wrong because the switch on the dash did not turn it on. Just rotate it. If that's not it, try a new bulb.

Regarding the camera, I also had a problem with the camera. If you climb under the RV where the camera is mounted on the side, you can see the wire and follow it to the connector. Chances are the connector is loose where it plugs into the harness under the hood. Hard to explain, but if you follow the opposite side (the one that works) I think you'll see what I mean.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trempert View Post

Big George,
Please don't take this as condescending as this happened to me! Each map light has it's own on/off switch on the back of the light. My wife turned one light off and I also thought something was wrong because the switch on the dash did not turn it on. Just rotate it. If that's not it, try a new bulb.

Regarding the camera, I also had a problem with the camera. If you climb under the RV where the camera is mounted on the side, you can see the wire and follow it to the connector. Chances are the connector is loose where it plugs into the harness under the hood. Hard to explain, but if you follow the opposite side (the one that works) I think you'll see what I mean.
Cool thanks, I did some homework today and I think you are right about the camera. The map light is interesting. Mine does not rotate and turn on and off and the only switch is on the dash. I just think the tiny led is burned out and a tech showed me today how simple it is to replace. I am just so darn meticulous, but I am getting better about it. Thanks for your help. This groups are great.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #6

Bad camera and LED map light burned out. Could be worse.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #7

Congratulations on the new rig and welcome. If you have problems with that camera in the future, just remember two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left. Just kidding, glad you got it fixed and have fun.
akcampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Help! I just picked up my new 335 and the left camera stopped working. The right and the backup are fine. I attempted to troubleshoot the issue by disconnecting the backup lead and plugging in in to the left lead coming out of the monitor. It worked fine. So the problem is the lead wire to the left camera itself. The drivers side map light went out at the same time and I do not know if it is related or not. The passenger side map light works fine. Any thoughts?
Question... We just got our 2014 Georgetown xl 377, the camera on the rear shows up reversed on the monitor which can be confusing when driving is that right? It can't be!
I've looked at everything I know to read and have seen nothing.
Lori
Lorigirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorigirl10 View Post

Question... We just got our 2014 Georgetown xl 377, the camera on the rear shows up reversed on the monitor which can be confusing when driving is that right? It can't be!
I've looked at everything I know to read and have seen nothing.
Lori
Which monitor do you have in the dash? Mine has several settings to adjust. Mine does not show up reversed.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #10

Quote:

Which monitor do you have in the dash? Mine has several settings to adjust. Mine does not show up reversed.
I've found no settings to adjust it, Clarion is the name.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #11

Quote:

I've found no settings to adjust it, Clarion is the name.
Hmmmmm. I just looked at their web site. I do not know why it does that. So let me get this straight, when you see an image on the monitors right it is really on the left side of the RV? It's not like looking in a mirror, so I don't get that. I will check mine next time I go out. Maybe mine is that way too.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #12

Quote:

Hmmmmm. I just looked at their web site. I do not know why it does that. So let me get this straight, when you see an image on the monitors right it is really on the left side of the RV? It's not like looking in a mirror, so I don't get that. I will check mine next time I go out. Maybe mine is that way too.
That is correct, if I'm driving down the road and a car is coming/ passing on my left, it looks like it's passing on the right. Look it's hard enough for me to drive this mammoth thing, without the confusion of that, and yes I know, I've already heard it, just don't use it. What's it there for then! Sent a message to FR rep. Guy, hope to hear from him soon.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #13

Quote:

That is correct, if I'm driving down the road and a car is coming/ passing on my left, it looks like it's passing on the right. Look it's hard enough for me to drive this mammoth thing, without the confusion of that, and yes I know, I've already heard it, just don't use it. What's it there for then! Sent a message to FR rep. Guy, hope to hear from him soon.
Lol. Let me know what the rep says. And I paid for the whole trailer, so I am going to use the whole trailer which includes the rear cam.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #14

I just did my walk thru on my 335...i was suprised to learn the backup camera doesnt show the rear as you go down the road. Just seems strange to me. I didnt get it out as i ended up leaving it to have them redo the toad tow wiring in the cab. good thing i wasnt on my way on a vacation or anything.
fullenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullenw View Post
I just did my walk thru on my 335...i was suprised to learn the backup camera doesnt show the rear as you go down the road. Just seems strange to me. I didnt get it out as i ended up leaving it to have them redo the toad tow wiring in the cab. good thing i wasnt on my way on a vacation or anything.
I just got a 2014 335 and my backup cam shows the road while driving.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #16

Sonofa...well if that is true then mine should too.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #17

Ok, I guess I heard wrong. I got mine today and all is good so far
Old 04-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #18
Kanadian Kamper

Camera, shmamera.

When all of us back out of the parking lot with the school buses in the morning, we don't have cameras.

Just back up until it sounds expensive, then put it in DRIVE!

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:08 AM   #19

Hahahah...now that is funny
Old 04-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #20

Ok. Figured out the map light that is mounted in the ceiling. Dash switch goes to the passenger side and the drivers side is controlled by the speedo dimmer switch. Lol. So it is not broken. Hmmmmmm. I wonder if I could be missing something stupid with the left camera.