Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
Member
 
BigGeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 99
2014 Georgetown 335 Camera and Map light Issue

Help! I just picked up my new 335 and the left camera stopped working. The right and the backup are fine. I attempted to troubleshoot the issue by disconnecting the backup lead and plugging in in to the left lead coming out of the monitor. It worked fine. So the problem is the lead wire to the left camera itself. The drivers side map light went out at the same time and I do not know if it is related or not. The passenger side map light works fine. Any thoughts?
__________________

__________________
BigGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 143
First check the fuse. I don't recall the number, but the fuse panel is under the steering wheel, usually by you left foot.

If that's not it, it could be a short and I would call FR.
__________________

__________________
MGOBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
Member
 
BigGeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 99
I assume you are talking about the map light. I would assume the left camera would not have a fuse. Second, if the right light works, would the left have a separate fuse? Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.
__________________
BigGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
Tim & Lisa Trempert
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGeorge View Post
I assume you are talking about the map light. I would assume the left camera would not have a fuse. Second, if the right light works, would the left have a separate fuse? Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.
Big George,
Please don't take this as condescending as this happened to me! Each map light has it's own on/off switch on the back of the light. My wife turned one light off and I also thought something was wrong because the switch on the dash did not turn it on. Just rotate it. If that's not it, try a new bulb.

Regarding the camera, I also had a problem with the camera. If you climb under the RV where the camera is mounted on the side, you can see the wire and follow it to the connector. Chances are the connector is loose where it plugs into the harness under the hood. Hard to explain, but if you follow the opposite side (the one that works) I think you'll see what I mean.
__________________
Tim & Lisa
2011 Georgetown 350
Trempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #5
Member
 
BigGeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trempert View Post

Big George,
Please don't take this as condescending as this happened to me! Each map light has it's own on/off switch on the back of the light. My wife turned one light off and I also thought something was wrong because the switch on the dash did not turn it on. Just rotate it. If that's not it, try a new bulb.

Regarding the camera, I also had a problem with the camera. If you climb under the RV where the camera is mounted on the side, you can see the wire and follow it to the connector. Chances are the connector is loose where it plugs into the harness under the hood. Hard to explain, but if you follow the opposite side (the one that works) I think you'll see what I mean.
Cool thanks, I did some homework today and I think you are right about the camera. The map light is interesting. Mine does not rotate and turn on and off and the only switch is on the dash. I just think the tiny led is burned out and a tech showed me today how simple it is to replace. I am just so darn meticulous, but I am getting better about it. Thanks for your help. This groups are great.
__________________
BigGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
Member
 
BigGeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 99
Bad camera and LED map light burned out. Could be worse.
__________________
BigGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 110
Congratulations on the new rig and welcome. If you have problems with that camera in the future, just remember two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left. Just kidding, glad you got it fixed and have fun.
__________________
akcampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Lorigirl10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGeorge View Post
Help! I just picked up my new 335 and the left camera stopped working. The right and the backup are fine. I attempted to troubleshoot the issue by disconnecting the backup lead and plugging in in to the left lead coming out of the monitor. It worked fine. So the problem is the lead wire to the left camera itself. The drivers side map light went out at the same time and I do not know if it is related or not. The passenger side map light works fine. Any thoughts?
Question... We just got our 2014 Georgetown xl 377, the camera on the rear shows up reversed on the monitor which can be confusing when driving is that right? It can't be!
I've looked at everything I know to read and have seen nothing.
Lori
__________________
Lorigirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #9
Member
 
BigGeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorigirl10 View Post

Question... We just got our 2014 Georgetown xl 377, the camera on the rear shows up reversed on the monitor which can be confusing when driving is that right? It can't be!
I've looked at everything I know to read and have seen nothing.
Lori
Which monitor do you have in the dash? Mine has several settings to adjust. Mine does not show up reversed.
__________________
BigGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Lorigirl10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGeorge View Post

Which monitor do you have in the dash? Mine has several settings to adjust. Mine does not show up reversed.
I've found no settings to adjust it, Clarion is the name.
__________________

__________________
Lorigirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.