Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2015, 11:19 PM   #1

2014 Georgetown 335 Wind noise

Traveling down the hi way we are experiencing wind noise coming in slider windows drivers and pass side. does anyone have a fix for this?
siskom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:39 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

I've had some success with our wind noise. Try this.........

First off, I removed the sliding screens from each window so I'm dealing with just the glass sections. (the trick for popping out the screens....slide the screen halfway open, then grabbing each side, push the frame of the screen upwards into the top travel track, and the bottom should be able to clear the bottom travel track...installation of the screen is the reverse)

Now that you're only dealing with the glass sliders, inspect all the tracks, top, sides and bottom to make sure they are perfectly clean......no dirt. The glass slider should slide smoothly, shouldn't need a lubricant unless it binds. Then, slide the glass section firmly into the side stop position and lock the lever. Go for a ride and test it now.

If you still hear wind noise, you're dealing with the least number of moving parts. When possible, press firmly on various sides of the glass panel to narrow down the source of the noise. It may take a wedge of some sort to fix..........maybe a wooden clothespin type wedge?

YMMV

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:55 PM   #3

The frame has holes along the bottom outside for water drain, take tape and cover them and I bet the noise will go away, now remove the tape from the back one only and try it you need to have one open for water drain. On mine I found the front hole was causing the noise so I removed the tape and closed it with silicone, no more noise.
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:34 PM   #4

jergeod thanks the holes were the problem I wonder if felt would drain water if it was in holes?
Old 03-19-2015, 10:52 PM   #5

I would not think so on the felt, now I would seal the front hole with silicone and leave the back one open to drain the water it should seep around the window to the rear one and see if you get any noise from the rear one. I think it is only the front hole that makes the noise but not sure.
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:13 PM   #6

I put electrical tape on all the holes ill have to try the first hole see if that stops it then go from there, thanks.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:51 AM   #7

I was getting more of an annoying rattle than anything else. I bought some 1/4" thick foam tape used to stop drafts around windows. It's self-adhesive on one side, so I just stuck it into the rear track of the window. I get a nice, tight seal with the window closed and locked now and no more rattle!

I bought it at Menards, but I'm sure any hardware store or on-line store would have similar. I bought similar to this:

https://www.menards.com/main/doors-w...342-c-3624.htm

I'll be checking those drain holes today though too...good tip!

Tom

Tags
2014, georgetown