Old 09-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #11
DDC

It's a pity you did not tell FR that your spouse stepped on steps that were not there and that there is a broken bolt and your lawyer will be in touch, after she is released from hospital they understand that kind of language. I know this would not be true but it would be giving back what you are getting.

Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #12

Being handy is a given. However, at least I am discussing a new unit I should not HAVE to be handy. I also forgot, no dash AC from the factory, they drove a screw onto the wiring, dash board flapped like a wing, water leak under kitchen sink, etc.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #13

You are right, Rv's require constant upkeep, and many of the problems are not Forest River problems, but the component manufacturer. I must be one of the lucky ones, I bought a 2012 337XL and have driven it 25,000 miles with no problems that have warranted taking it to the dealer. Lots of loose screws, fittings, a bad switch and a few cabinet doors warping. But nothing that the manufacturer did wrong that I could not fix myself. Anyone who has an RV knows that you drive it, and you inspect it, and you fix what you can. The FR customer service people seem to be a lot more on the ball than the local dealers. They sell it then are not that concerned about you after that.,
Old 09-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #14

All, I just posted a message concerning issues we are having with our 2013 Georgetown 360XL. They have been on-going for over a year now so hopefully once they are fixed, if they are, we should be out of the woods. Hmmmm - a general question for the coach owners, has anyone checked with Ford dealers in your area to see if they will work on motorhomes? We are having AC issues with the dash unit and can not locate a dealer in SW Louisiana that will work on it because of the size of the unit. Ford warranty service was not much help as the only one they suggested was a couple hundred miles away.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #15

I had an A/C problem and finally found a dealer 30 miles away that had a lift that could handle it. It was covered under the Ford warranty.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #16
Retired US Army CW4

We have a Ford dealer (Fairway Ford - Yorba Linda) that actually has an RV center in the same dealership. They have 8 lifts that will accomodate up to 45 ft and 40,000 lbs.
Tom and Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #17

Thanks for the reply. Still no luck in this area with a dealership - the RV is still at the selling dealer. Good luck & God Bless.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #18
Anacortesians

This kind of crap is whey we always buy "lightly used". Our present rig served its original owners for 8 years, during which they drove it only 12,000 miles and used the generator for 48 hours.

Sure, it's not a Rolls -Royce, but it wasn't a R-R price, either. We've had a few minor problems, mainly related to lack of use during the final two years they owned it. Medical problems resulted in them selling it.

Yeah, it rides like an 11-ton box truck - it IS an 11-ton box truck. The only difference between ours and the ones Ashley Furniture uses, our furniture is bolted down and we have a fridge, a sink and a shower!

I'd much rather spend money on CG fees and gas for our sow's ear than spend it trying to make it into a silk purse that we couldn't afford to use.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by F and E Damp View Post
This kind of crap is whey we always buy "lightly used". Our present rig served its original owners for 8 years, during which they drove it only 12,000 miles and used the generator for 48 hours.

Sure, it's not a Rolls -Royce, but it wasn't a R-R price, either. We've had a few minor problems, mainly related to lack of use during the final two years they owned it. Medical problems resulted in them selling it.

Yeah, it rides like an 11-ton box truck - it IS an 11-ton box truck. The only difference between ours and the ones Ashley Furniture uses, our furniture is bolted down and we have a fridge, a sink and a shower!

I'd much rather spend money on CG fees and gas for our sow's ear than spend it trying to make it into a silk purse that we couldn't afford to use.
Yeah, but I was the first one to fart in the driver's seat, furniture, and bed!
Old 10-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #20

Read all, but you have to admit. $100k + an it comes already broke is rather disheartening, not sure what's worse, this or wondering where the next bed bug going to come from in a motel.... motor on my friends ...

Tags
forest river