Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #21

Well, if it's a Kwikee step I think you are miles ahead. The Lippert step has to many issues and moving parts. Our last unit had Kwikee and didn't have an issue for 10 years. Still worked perfectly when traded in.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Well, if it's a Kwikee step I think you are miles ahead. The Lippert step has to many issues and moving parts. Our last unit had Kwikee and didn't have an issue for 10 years. Still worked perfectly when traded in.
I think you are right. I was spelling it wrong. I think it is the Kwik step. Makes more sense. Getting them put on on Tuesday. FR overnighted them to the dealer.
BigGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #23

Well, just dropped the RV off at the dealer to have the steps fixed. Question is, what will they screw up not related to the steps? I have had such a bad experience will all my RV's at the repair facility. That is why I like to fix as much as I can myself. Keeping my fingers crossed that this time will be different.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #24

Know what you mean. Dropped mine off a couple times and everytime I had to redo what was done. Once I was told that my steps were out of adjustment and they would take care of it. 3 days later my bolt, like yours, fell out and I had to fix their screw up. Gave way on my way out the door. Very dangerous. My dealers repair facility likes to jury rig alot. Hell, I can do that. Good luck with your issues.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Know what you mean. Dropped mine off a couple times and everytime I had to redo what was done. Once I was told that my steps were out of adjustment and they would take care of it. 3 days later my bolt, like yours, fell out and I had to fix their screw up. Gave way on my way out the door. Very dangerous. My dealers repair facility likes to jury rig alot. Hell, I can do that. Good luck with your issues.
Lol. Thanks.