Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2018, 04:59 PM   #1

2014 XL377 water leak ???

We have been looking for a few weeks to go back to a Georgetown. Visited a 2014 today that is low mileage and very well maintained. Saw something that has me puzzled and the widow owner knows nothing about. Passenger side wall, below the window and down to the floor has hundreds of pimples in the wall. Only way I can describe it. Trim piece between wall and floor tile was broken in half and screwed to the wall, obvious somebody was in there. Thought it could be water leaking from the window as there is no water mark inside the ceiling cupboard or on the roof. Anybody ever experience this, thanks
69BBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:08 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Are you talking about something like this? Located on outside wall, under the dash, above where the passenger’s right foot would be? I found water stains on the underside of the dash, but have never felt wetness since we’ve owned the rig. I’m betting it is evidence of water intrusion from some time, but I don’t experience it since we owned it. Sorry for sideways pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BF5B6D6F-FECB-4C02-AE09-09D1F3F926FB.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	330.3 KB
ID:	191884   Click image for larger version

Name:	F6BA7778-6C88-444D-BE97-93948E70511F.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	191885  

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:10 PM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

BTW.....the black cable in the photos, is the power cord going out to the right hand mirror for power mirror and mirror heater......just for location reference.

Ken and Terry
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
Old 11-20-2018, 06:24 PM   #4

the pimples look similar to your pix. However there are hundreds and they are right beside your knee on the inside of the wall when you sit in the passenger seat.
If we are serious about the rig we will have to go to the storage facility and look under the dash and maybe pull up the 1/4 round plastic finishing piece to see if water got under the tiles. thanks for the pix.. Larry
Old 11-20-2018, 06:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69BBC View Post
We have been looking for a few weeks to go back to a Georgetown. Visited a 2014 today that is low mileage and very well maintained. Saw something that has me puzzled and the widow owner knows nothing about. Passenger side wall, below the window and down to the floor has hundreds of pimples in the wall. Only way I can describe it. Trim piece between wall and floor tile was broken in half and screwed to the wall, obvious somebody was in there. Thought it could be water leaking from the window as there is no water mark inside the ceiling cupboard or on the roof. Anybody ever experience this, thanks

We had the same issue, ours was a water leak around the window. Actually Forest River service saw it when they had our MH for another issue.
Scotty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69BBC View Post
I know exactly what you are talking about. You are describing our issue to a tee. Somehow, water was coming in from underneath the slide and migrating up the wall, almost 3/4 of the way up. There is not a window close, so dealer never found where it was coming from. It turned out to be water. After removing 2 wall panels there was mold in the wall. Ours was on the main slide out wall.
It sure sounds like water damage.
Wish I had pictures but saying pimples would be correct.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:47 PM   #7

Thanks guys for all the inputs. The rig is stored outdoors and it is bloody cold so rooting around to see if it is old water damage or something recent is not possible. Leaking is leaking and I dont want to deal with mold. Pass on this deal and keep looking. Really appreciate the quick response from all.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:02 PM   #8

I added rain gutter extenders to redirect rain water away from the side of the coach...otherwise, water always finds a way to get in. Without the extenders...water was always dripping around the passenger window.
Igotchalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:26 AM   #9
Kanadian Kamper

69BBC

69BBC.....I sent you a private message.

Ken and Terry
Old 11-23-2018, 09:06 AM   #10

Water Leak

Had gutter extenders put on my also — if you don’t the water drains right down the side — and naturally water will find the small crack in the caulking.
Ungechbub66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 10:50 AM   #11

Amen brother
Igotchalk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, leak, water, water leak