Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2015, 10:21 AM   #1

2015 335DS Satellite

Does anyone know if the 2015 335DS is pre-wired for a roof mounted satellite dish?
San Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:06 AM   #2

I emailed Forest River and asked if the Georgetown is pre-wired for a satellite dish. I was pleasently surprised when someone from Forest River called me within fifteen minutes or so with a response. The answer is yes. If this is any testament to the response I will get from their customer service going forward, I will be a very happy customer.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:12 AM   #3

Well were are the wires on the roof, forthe roof mounted satillite.
Don
Donlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:27 PM   #4

the wires are on the wite vent on the roof front remove the cap you will see on my 335 (2014) I have to do a complete wire because the way the do it not work its what my tect told me
borba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by borba View Post
the wires are on the wite vent on the roof front remove the cap you will see on my 335 (2014) I have to do a complete wire because the way the do it not work its what my tect told me

I finally did it and you are right. The coax cable wire they run is just long enough to go from the cap on the roof to the cabinet above the passenger seat. I don't know how they expect someone to run the cable to a satellite dish.

I had to run all new power and coax cable but it is up and running. Additionally, to get HD to the television I installed the Iogear wireless HDMI transmitter/receiver to two televisions. Works great.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:36 PM   #6

Thanks

That is what I was looking for
Don
Donlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donlock View Post
That is what I was looking for

Don

The vent cap above the driver's is sealed with calk. Peel back the call and you will find the screws holding the vent on the roof. I took the vent off and replaced it with the cover provided with the satellite dish.

The other end of the coax cable is behind the panel over the passenger seat. I removed the outlets in that compartment to gain access to the cable. Ultimately I removed the panel in the center compartment and made things a lot easier. Let me know if you get stuck and I will try and help the best I can.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego View Post
I finally did it and you are right. The coax cable wire they run is just long enough to go from the cap on the roof to the cabinet above the passenger seat. I don't know how they expect someone to run the cable to a satellite dish.

I had to run all new power and coax cable but it is up and running. Additionally, to get HD to the television I installed the Iogear wireless HDMI transmitter/receiver to two televisions. Works great.
glade that work for you
have fun
frank
borba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 06:17 PM   #9

What type of Sat dish did you use and where did you place your receiver?
2cruzN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 06:20 PM   #10

Also from San Diego with a Georgetown 335, was thinking of having RV Solutions install dish, what type of Sat dish did you use, what type of receiver, and how do you get to the HDMI inputs on the back of the TV over the fireplace?
Old 07-15-2015, 07:37 PM   #11

I used the Winegard Roadtrip Mission in-motion dish and Dish VIP 211Z receiver. I used the Iogear wireless HDMI transmitter/receiver. The TV above the fireplace is removed by removed the screws above and below the television.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:39 PM   #12

I mounted the wireless HDMI receiver in the cabinet above the TV and ran the HDMI cable through the hole that the power cable goes through.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:06 PM   #13

Perfect. that sound like the way I will go.

Tags
satellite

« Steps | windows »