Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2017, 07:26 PM   #1

2015 FR Georgetown 351DS Bunk Slideout Wire Harness

Anyone else have this issue? Not sure what this does, assume it pushes the wire harness out when retracted. The carpeted "shoe" or "stop" came off the wall. There is only 1/8 plywood to secure it. Held on with cheap staple. The wire harness does what it wants since there is nothing to stop it. Anyone have a solution or can provide a picture of theirs? Pictures attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	291.3 KB
ID:	132528   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	132529   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	132530   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	300.0 KB
ID:	132531   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	284.8 KB
ID:	132532  

Harley Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:13 AM   #2

Maybe some glue of some kind. If you don't get a picture sometime today I will
get one from mine this afternoon.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd10 View Post
Maybe some glue of some kind. If you don't get a picture sometime today I will
get one from mine this afternoon.
I was thinking about using glue but wondering how much force it needs to withstand. I also have this character flaw, one of many, that when I have to glue stuff together, it is because I either don't know how to fix it properly or I have given up on fixing it properly. Seems like the cable carrier or wire carrier, whatever it is called, should be anchored to something rather than just be loose and press against this cover or boot. Usually, cable carriers are pinned or anchored on each end of the last link of the chain. If this is the way FR designed it, very disappointing. Thanks for the offer of a picture but might be difficult to get a picture of what's under this cover to see if the carrier chain is anchored or just floats. Thanks for your reply.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:00 AM   #4

Well, I figured it out. The bracket that holds the cable carrier was broken off and under the slideout. Apparently the last owner forgot to mention this was broken. I can see why it is broken. Bad design, There is only about 1/4" from edge of wood securing the bracket arm to the slide out. I went to Home Depot and got a large flat corner brace and bolted to the slide out frame. It is much more secure than whatever was there before. The brace is about 2" wide. Unfortunately, I forgot to get pictures before I covered with the carpeted cover, which is another story. There is no where to attach with screws or nails, so I used hot glue. When it comes off, which it probably will as soon as one of my grandkids step on it, I will post pics. Thanks!
Old 05-13-2018, 04:22 PM   #5
Retired Marine

So I know this thread is very old, but I have the same problem. If anyone has pictures as to how the bracket is supposed to be mounted I would appreciate it. Otherwise I will have to rig something up.
FMcCue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:48 PM   #6

I have not had a cover on mine for two years now. Works just fine without it.

2014 Georgetown 351ds
Darmo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:36 PM   #7

Ours fell off about 2 years ago and we haven't reattached it - as long as the bracket for the cable carrier is there you should be fine - you just have to be careful not to damage it when the slide is pulled in, since the cover is missing.
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:54 PM   #8
Retired Marine

I don't suppose you have a picture of the bracket and harness put together? I need to connect the two and remount the bracket, not quite sure which way is correct.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:10 PM   #9
Retired Marine

I don't suppose you have a picture of the bracket and harness put together? Mine is apart and I'm not sure how it attaches.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMcCue View Post
I don't suppose you have a picture of the bracket and harness put together? Mine is apart and I'm not sure how it attaches.
Sorry - didn't see this until now!

Not right now - but if you can wait until Friday when we go out I can take some photos for you (we don't store it near our house unfortunately, so not easy to snap photos)

Let me know if you still need them.
Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:34 PM   #11
Retired Marine

I still need them, and Friday is no problem. We also don't store at the house, so it will be the weekend before I can get to it. Anything you can send would be appreciated.
Old 07-25-2023, 10:35 AM   #12

Pics Needed

Hello, I know this is an older post but I am experiencing the same issue with my 2015 351DS. Anyone have pics of how the bracket should be attached operate?
Thanks in advance.
Blue Line Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 10:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Dave View Post
Anyone else have this issue? Not sure what this does, assume it pushes the wire harness out when retracted. The carpeted "shoe" or "stop" came off the wall. There is only 1/8 plywood to secure it. Held on with cheap staple. The wire harness does what it wants since there is nothing to stop it. Anyone have a solution or can provide a picture of theirs? Pictures attached.
Hello, I saw your post and I am experiencing the same issue. I know it’s been a while but was wondering if you have any pics of what the bracket should look like when attached properly?
Blue Line Camper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunk, georgetown, slide