Old 12-19-2014, 09:10 AM   #1

2015 fr378

I was looking at a new 2015 FR378 at LazyDays yesterday. Their discount price was 135k which seemed reasonable but they only offered about 65k trade for my low mileage 2012 360. I did like many of the new features, better cabinets, the residential frig, better tv antenna system (not the old crank type). One question I have is the 4 battery system. Are they 4 12v or 4 6 volt? They looked kinda small. Forgot to ask the salesman. They also said they charge $1200 for the king bed conversion but it includes a sleep number mattress. The ceramic tile floor looks great but have heard of issues on here. I noticed they had a small stack of extra tiles under the kitchen table. Guess they expect some breakage?

Old 12-19-2014, 11:48 AM   #2

I know the MSRP on 378XL is around 165 to 175 but be aware there is a tremendous markup on these motorhomes. Mine is a 2013 model with upgraded full body paint, marble looking tile throughout and I bought mine new in may of 2013 for 115K. I doubt the dealer cost of this unit has went up little if any in a year and a half since I purchased mine. I bought mine at Southern RV in Tyler Texas while I was in the area doing a nursing contract for 13 weeks. I've been to Lazydays RV and really like their very large inventory to look at in one place but be aware that large facility along with the interest they are paying to keep that large inventory on their lot is ultimately passed along to the customer. If they are low balling your trade and still making 25 or 30 k on their unit on the front end of the deal I'd suggest you let your fingers do the walking on the internet and make some phone calls around the country before closing your deal. Most all dealers can pretty much determine the most they will put in your old coach by you sending a few pictures to them along with VIN. I think you will probably find that your willingness to make a few calls will save you many thousands of dollars in the end. You will probably find that the "sale price" at Lazydays will be reduced much more when they match or beat other offers you will get. I know many people do not like the hassle of the negotiating prices with RV and car dealers and often end up paying much more than necessary because of this fact. My father happens to be one of these people and that's why my mother asks me to go along with them when they trade. There is a wealth of information available on the internet you can find in using to negotiate the best price possible. Additionally there are many dealers out there that are very motivated to move a unit off their lot. Bottom line is I'd suggest you shop around before closing the deal. You may end up saving yourself several thousand dollars that will come in handy at the gas pump Good luck on your search. I think you will like the 378xl. My wifes only complaint has been the wish for additional drawer space in the kitchen. My only complaint was the fact that the convection was not vented to the outside at factory. I took care of this myself just last weekend and I'd suggest you make the dealer throw this in the deal for you before you accept delivery of your new unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0317.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	67682   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0320.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	67683  

Old 12-19-2014, 02:27 PM   #3

Check-out MHSRV in Texas and RVDirect just to get an idea where you are with numbers.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Pack View Post
Check-out MHSRV in Texas and RVDirect just to get an idea where you are with numbers.

Funny that you mentioned this. I had googled FR378 for sale and one of the dealers that came up was in Texas with a price of 115k and change. I had told the salesman at LZ that I had hoped I could trade for about 50k and I was just guessing. Not ready to buy just yet, didn't even tell the wife I was looking, haha. So you know how that goes.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:45 PM   #5

ps: we bought the FR360 because of the king bed and bath and half (wife's choice, double sink vanity won out). But I'm wishing I had the bigger living room of the 378. Then after reading here that the bed can be swapped for a king by removing the side trim I'm now all in favor of the 378. Now all I have to do is convince the wife! Oh and get a decent trade in allowance.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:51 PM   #6
Happily Retired Member

BillMFI
I have a 2013 378xl and if I was to stuff a King bed into the bedroom I doubt if I could walk around the side of the bed. Did they change the bedroom slide out for the new model and make it wider?
We had king size 5000 series sleep number bed here at home for a few years . After back surgery I couldn't sleep on it. It was a terrible bed for us. To me the only thing the air pressure did was to change how deep you sunk into the bed, but as far a actual support change it, it did about nothing. So you either were about even with the mattress sides or 3 or 4 inches below the sides. A lot of people like them, so just be sure to try it out before you spend a lot of money on a mattress that may not be right for you. Good lock in your new adventure!!

2013 Ford Escape on Landgrebe tow dolly
Mickeystamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMFl View Post
I was looking at a new 2015 FR378 at LazyDays yesterday. Their discount price was 135k which seemed reasonable but they only offered about 65k trade for my low mileage 2012 360. I did like many of the new features, better cabinets, the residential frig, better tv antenna system (not the old crank type). One question I have is the 4 battery system. Are they 4 12v or 4 6 volt? They looked kinda small. Forgot to ask the salesman. They also said they charge $1200 for the king bed conversion but it includes a sleep number mattress. The ceramic tile floor looks great but have heard of issues on here. I noticed they had a small stack of extra tiles under the kitchen table. Guess they expect some breakage?
Georgetown 378TS do have a high MSRP of $159,000 plus but you can pick up a 378 for between $113,000 to $119,000

If you see 4 small battery they are 6 volt ones and designed to have more amps and longer stay power than two 12 volt ones. You also have to run the 120 volt residential refrigerator off of them using the 1,000 watt invertor while driving. Not really designed for dry camping.

Keep looking and hope you get one at the right price.

They are also low balling you on the trade-in.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Georgetown 378TS do have a high MSRP of $159,000 plus but you can pick up a 378 for between $113,000 to $119,000

If you see 4 small battery they are 6 volt ones and designed to have more amps and longer stay power than two 12 volt ones. You also have to run the 120 volt residential refrigerator off of them using the 1,000 watt invertor while driving. Not really designed for dry camping.

Keep looking and hope you get one at the right price.
They are also low balling you on the trade-in.
Correction: Someone said they have a 2,000 watt invertor now.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:07 PM   #9

Thanks Iggy and Stamper. We have a sleep number at home. I set my side at 100 (two bad discs). Wife sets hers at 50. That would kill me. Ya I know they try to sucker punch on the first go round. I'm in no hurry so a deal will have to be sweet or it won't happen. And I'm pretty sure it would be hard to make the bed if it was a king. Salesman said the two batteries for the residential frig will last 24hrs. I'll look closer the next time I see it. The 2015 supposedly has a 2000 watt inverter. Don't see how that would extend use time. It would allow more things to operate at the same time which would deplete the batteries faster. We have not dry camped in years tho. Most info I have read says not to discharge batteries below 50% or you will shorten their life span. Don't know if 6v in series are hardier?
Old 12-20-2014, 01:13 PM   #10

We have a 2013 Georgetown XL378. We love it. The floor is fabulous. But super cold when temps in the 20s - 40s I got a shaggy area rug. But still cold. I wish I Had ordered my unit and ask if we could have gotten heated floors. We also are having a problem with inverter keeping our residential Refrigerator running for more than 2 hours. We are into our 2nd year with these batteries