Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2015, 08:00 PM   #1
Casper

Angry 2015 Georgetown 328 TS Lemon

At wits end. My Georgetown has been in the shop for 6 months out of 12 and this last time it has been sitting for two months. I cant get anywhere with Forrest River and also Camping World about all the warranty issues we have had. They are blaming each other for parts being shipped wrong and other stupid problems. I have contacted the bank M&T in hopes they would not finance anymore of these lemons. My next step is the North Carolina Lemon Law and an attorney. Don't want to turn it in because it would ruin my credit. Anyone got any ideas on what to do.
williamsgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:40 PM   #2

Have you contacted anyone directly from Forest River yourself?
We all have issues in the 1st year but it seems the problem sounds like the dealer.
I would keep dates and documentation. But again I would contact Forest River Georgetown directly.
Here is a name and phone numbers that I have but they may be directed to someone else. Hope they help.

Did you buy the rig new from Camping World?
Which Camping World location you talking about?

Forest River Contact

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:05 AM   #3

Don't know what all your issues are but I agree with Iggy. Talk to Kevin Stratton. Every time I had a problem getting warranty work done on mine in a timely manner it was my dealer lying to me each time. I only had to have it in three times but once after it had been there three weeks with the dealer telling me the parts weren't in, I accidently got a bubbly new receptionist on the phone who told me " oh yes, I remember your name, I checked those parts in last week"
Your issues may be with FR but hopefully Kevin can shed some light on them for you.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:56 AM   #4
Casper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Have you contacted anyone directly from Forest River yourself?
We all have issues in the 1st year but it seems the problem sounds like the dealer.
I would keep dates and documentation. But again I would contact Forest River Georgetown directly.
Here is a name and phone numbers that I have but they may be directed to someone else. Hope they help.

Did you buy the rig new from Camping World?
Which Camping World location you talking about?

Forest River Contact

Thanks I have talked several times to Kevin Stratton and he is also blaming Camping World Fayetteville N.C. I did purchase it new and from the very first day we had problems, tanks full of wood scraps, electric wiring. Invertor guit working, windshield leaking, and the list goes on. I just sent an email to Pete Liegl at Forest River about all the problems. Just don't know what to do at this point. So far we have had 68 warranty items to deal with.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:57 AM   #5
Casper

Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:05 AM   #6

Sorry to hear about your problems. From what I have seen Forest River and Camping World don't play together any more. You might want to think about taking it back to the factory.

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:23 PM   #7

I had problems getting warranty work done with Camping World and when I made contact with Forest River they directed me to Total Value RV in Elkhart Indiana. I cannot say enough good things about Miranda at Total Value RV. Every new
motor home is going to have some kind of problems, but it is about how they
are handled is what makes the difference. Save yourself the headaches and contact Miranda at Total Value RV. They work closely with the factory
bhumphr196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:45 PM   #8

Are you members of the Good Sam club?

if so they have a Good Sam Club Arbitration process and have assisted thousands of campers settle issues like yours.
generally businesses don't like getting in bed with consumers who kick and fight back when stuff goes wrong.

stay on the course which you believe you need to travel on but also start the process as well.
I'm not familiar with the lemon laws in the states - wish we had them here in Canada. I fought Ford of Canada over our 2010 car which had 50kms on it and had 3 huge issues. after 1 yr head office surrended and purchased the car back and took 7 grand off a truck.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:20 PM   #9

The problem is Camping World and not Forest River.
The typical Lemon Law if when the manufacturer tried to fix a problem multiple times and is unable to solve the problem.
So unless your lemon law if different from other states you fight is with Camping World who suppose to take care of your warranty work within the first year and isn't.
I would elevate your issues on repairs with upper level management from Camping World. This is what I would do if I was in your shoes.
Good luck.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 03:56 PM   #10

Sorry you have had problems. FR brought mine back to Goshen for a roof repair and I was pleased once they got it in fore repairs. If somehow you could work with Kevin for them to do repairs I think you would be happier. Unfortunately I don't know how to get that done, for my issue my dealer really didn't want to do the roof repair and I am thankful for that. Good Luck!

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsgw View Post
Thanks I have talked several times to Kevin Stratton and he is also blaming Camping World Fayetteville N.C. I did purchase it new and from the very first day we had problems, tanks full of wood scraps, electric wiring. Invertor guit working, windshield leaking, and the list goes on. I just sent an email to Pete Liegl at Forest River about all the problems. Just don't know what to do at this point. So far we have had 68 warranty items to deal with.
When dealership was sold, service dept. went to Hell in a hand basket. I feel your pain. Raleigh and Garner have a Camping world you might try.
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:12 PM   #12

Forget the lemon law in NC. It does not cover you. Get up with Keven. Drive it to Goshen for repair if needed. It may be a pain... but it will get fixed right in the end.
NC Lemon Law:
What Vehicles are Covered?

The lemon law does not apply just to passenger cars. It covers any new motor vehicle other than a house trailer, provided that the vehicle does not have a gross vehicle weight of 10,000 pounds or more. Thus, the law covers pickup trucks, motorcycles and most vans, as well as cars. And the purpose for which the vehicle is purchased or leased is not relevant. But, any cars purchased or leased prior to October 1, 1987 is not covered by the lemon law.
This doesn't mean that a lawyer can't help....it just means you don't have the easy path the lemon law provides...and it could get expensive proving your case.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:28 PM   #13

Camping World

I had a monumental problem with Camping World. I got complete satisfaction. I sent only 1 email to Marcus Lemonis (Camping World CEO) and the problem was solved in 1 day. He is a no-nonsense guy.
Here are 2 email addresses for him
marcusvip@goodsamfamily.com
marcusvip@campingworldrv.com
Good luck
poppoplou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:32 PM   #14
Casper

Thanks for all the advise. Didn't know about Good Sam but we are members and I will check into it. Talked with Kevin Stratton today at Forest River and he is going to get some of the big guys from Forest River involved to maybe put some pressure on Camping World of Fayetteville, N.C. He did mention bringing it back but the next appt is in January 2016 ?? Have a great night.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppoplou View Post
I had a monumental problem with Camping World. I got complete satisfaction. I sent only 1 email to Marcus Lemonis (Camping World CEO) and the problem was solved in 1 day. He is a no-nonsense guy.
Here are 2 email addresses for him
marcusvip@goodsamfamily.com
marcusvip@campingworldrv.com
Good luck

Yes, contact Marcus.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:30 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Yes, contact Marcus.
i would do the same....that guy is on CNBC all the time talking about how great he is....can't stand him, personally, but the buck stops with him, so he says...call him on it....

Front & Rear Roadmaster Sway Bars
Koni Shocks
Front and Rear Sumo Springs Jounce Replacement
willingtonpaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown