Old 12-15-2014, 07:11 PM   #1

2015 Georgetown 335 DSF

We purchased a new 335 DSF on 10-31 and have been very happy. We stayed in it for 3wks straight after picking it up from Reliable RV, in Springfield, MO. During that 3wk stay we were very please with how "liveable" it was. We had some really cold weather and was amazed at how easy it was to keep warm. The fireplace did an amazing job. That's the good news...bad news is it has been in the shop since Dec 9, for some very minor repairs. We took it in for the following: 1) Only 1/3 of the awning light works. 2) the gray water valve wouldn't fully close. 3) The LR TV has a bad coax connection, the picture would get snowy when you slammed the entry door. I suspect a loose connection at a splitter behind the outside TV.

I have talked to our service manager and am told that they are waiting on the awning light and gray water valve and as of today they have still not been shipped. The service manager also stated today that they have a call in to Forest River as to how the TV coax is ran, and can't get the factory to call them back . The service manager advised me to call the factory as they will sometimes respond to the customer faster. Really?

This is our 8th motorhome and we have never experienced such slow service. This is our first Forest River and if this is indicative of their factory service, it will be our last. Tried to call the factory at 4:30 PM today...no answer. Will try again tomorrow. I have also talked to our salesperson and he will make some calls for us tomorrow. He has been great to work with!!

2014 Harley Davidson Tri-Glide
Will Parish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:53 PM   #2

Sounds like you're happy with the coach, but not the service. I also have a 335 and have also had some minor issues. Most didn't require anything from FR. In the end, all my issues were resolved, although not necessarily in a timely manner. I have owned 6 RV's. I have had service issues with each and every one. Changing RV's won't necessarily change your problem. You've been lucky. What's important to me is the issues I might have in years 2,3,4 and beyond. Then I'll judge FR. For now I love my coach.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 12-15-2014, 09:07 PM   #3

What really concerns me is the factory not returning calls to the dealer. I also hate to think that every time I need warranty service that requires parts, a long wait is the norm. I know that isn't true with all manufacturers. The service manager said it is much worse in the summer. Hopefully, I will get something resolved from talking directly with FR tomorrow. When I dropped our motorhome off, the service manager said we were looking a two days. Thanks for your reply, and we do like the coach.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:34 PM   #4

Forest River closes for 2-3 weeks during the holidays. That may explain unreturned calls and parts delays.

I had many issues in my first year of ownership. It doesn't do much good to complain. They will call you back and the parts will show up.

They took care of all of my problems-sometimes more than once.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #5

They are not closed. I spoke to someone this morning and left a vm with the warranty rep. There has been no mention of them closing for 2-3 weeks. I can understand production shutting down over the holidays, but I would hope parts and service would still be in operation
Old 12-16-2014, 02:26 PM   #6

Very interesting. We also have a Georgetown 335DSF. The interesting part is we had the same problem with the TV. It was snowy when hooked to cable, but was fine when on antenna or DVD play. If you pulled outward on upper right corner the picture was fine or if slammed bathroon door. Also the dash radio doesn't work on AM.

Dealer checked it out and ordered new radio and says they fixed coax connection. MH has been in storage ever since so we really don't know if connection is fixed or not.

Other than that we love the MH. Spent 45 nights in MH last season.

Hope everything works out.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:12 PM   #7
Maron

Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
I've had issues with my Rockwood after 4 months out in the boondocks and the people in the warranty department were excellent. Approval on repairs as well as sending out parts were a breeze. I'd start wondering if your dealer has a problem with them. His recommendation for you to call would concern me since they have two different warranty departments, 1 for the dealers and 1 for the owners. I will see if I still have the phone number and get it to you, maybe you are calling the wrong number.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:29 PM   #8
Maron

Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
I can't find the phone number but here is a guy who works in the warranty department for Forest River. I met him at the FROG convention this past summer and he seemed like a great guy. My suggestion is to e mail him and describe your problem. I'm sure he will either help or tell you how to solve your problem.
Mark A. Akins <makins@forestriverinc.com>
Old 12-18-2014, 09:43 PM   #9

I called the factory Tuesday morning and got a call back from a Georgetown warranty rep, Travis, who was very helpful. He immediately looked into my warranty issues and insured that all necessary parts would be shipped as soon as possible. He has called back twice with updates and personally discussed my warranty issues with the dealer's service manager. Even though the process has been slow, I feel confident that all issues will be resolved soon.

Tags
georgetown