Old 07-15-2016, 11:50 AM   #1
2015 Georgetown 351DS, Slideout

I am trying to locate the living room slide motor on this coach. I have gone through the manuals, Youtube and google and I can't find it anywhere. Any suggestions? I was sitting in the RV and heard 2 loud cracking noises. I'm thinking one or more of the cables on the slide have broken/snapped, but since I can't find the motor I'm not sure. I don't want to pull the slide and be stuck. I need to figure out if I need a mobile mechanic. Please help!!!
Thank you,

sdowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 06:24 AM   #2
Remove the molding at the top of the slide just below the ceiling. If you remove the little cosmetic plugs you will see the screws. The motor and cables will be accessable.

2014 Georgetown 351DS

Charleston SC
3 Boston Terriers, 1 Frenchie
Gonna miss you Toby. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 10:08 AM   #3
That cracking noise was the cables passing each other and snagging in my case. I was able to fix it myself. If this was also your problem let me know. I'll show you picks of how I fixed it. I used eye bolts and cable clamps to repair the cables.
Preadus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 07:01 PM   #4
We were sitting, not moving slides or anything else. Not sure what was making the cracking sound. I'll look tomorrow.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:23 PM   #5
So, on my living room slide, we pulled the slide in to move to a new city and I noticed that the cable on the side at the top was missing. If you push the slide out the cable appears. When you pull it in its not there. I had a repair guy look at it. He said he's never seen this type of system and didn't know how to fix it. He told me to wait till we got home to have it looked at. He wasn't sure what the cables were for. Hopefully the slide won't fall out driving down the road. My mother-in-law will have one hell of a ride. Lol

georgetown, slide, slide out