Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2015, 08:21 PM   #1

2015 Georgetown 364TS (early) Review

We recently purchased the 364 and have spent a total 6 nights camping over 2 weekends. I am plagiarizing the format of another recent review of the 351.

1. We love this floorplan! The master bedroom (kingsize bed) is spacious and feels like a personal retreat. It even has enough room for a pack-n-play. Outlets on both sides of the bed and the overlooked but much appreciated bedside shelves. Tons of storage space. We especially love the pull up under bed storage.
2. Drivability is great though I do wish it drove a little more smoothly. This is my first coach and only other experience in a coach was in a DP (as a passanger only) I am strongly considering the CHF. I will also take it out for an alignment ASAP, per the recos in this forum.
3. The 2 sets of black and gray water tanks are great when the campground doesn't have full service at each site.
4. 2 full baths is amazing when you have little kids, as we do. My wife loves the separation.
5. The power from the Ford V10 seems adequate considering this thing is almost 38' and 26,000lbs.
6. Shakes and rattles are minimal unless you are on a bad road.
7. The couch... It is not very comfortable and when we use the recliner we tend to slide off! It does have a pull out which is nice.
8. The outside stereo does NOT have bluetooth? Wait, what?!?!
9. The kitchen is nice and reasonably well thought out. Could use more storage though.
10. The fridge rocks! Didn't anticpate how much I would enjoy it.
11. The microwave rocks.
12. The dash stereo (Sony) is a POS and will be replaced soon.
13. The dinette table is VERY easy to convert.
14. The Fantastic Fan is, well, fantastic.
15. The interior and exterior lights are good, love the LEDs under the awning.
16. Visability and manuveralbility are excellent. I continue to be pleasantly surprised driving and parking the beast.
17. The middle shower is large enough for me to call it comfortable, the back shower is tight. Already ordered the Oxygenics shower head.
18. The middle toilet is tight but there is plently of room at the rear.
19. There is little storage room in the middle bath but the rear bath has plenty (according to my wife)
20. Water heaters - never noticed them. What more could you ask.
21. Heat strips could maintain the temp when it dipped into the 40s but they needed to run a lot. But who cares if your on shore power.
22. Bunks. Our kids LOVE them!
23. Passenger pullout table/desk. My wife loves it as she can easily work from the road!
24. Round table between driver and passenger is great! Wish it either had a lip or rubber grips on it as things tend to slide off when the coach is in motion.

Issues: Nothing major. Upon delivery there was a tear in the graphics and a tear in the couch both will be covered under warranty. Discovered a problem with the left camera, something is blurring the image. (I assume it will be covered).

Purchased @ mhsrv.com.
1903wow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:21 PM   #2
toolman_57

Thanks for the great summary. Planning our maiden voyage for the beginning of April.
toolman_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 12:52 AM   #3

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1427176351.359978.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	72066
2015 Nights Camped - 12 (so far)
DFW Area
Old 03-24-2015, 08:05 AM   #4

Thanks for the review. I'm in the process of buying a 364TS. Moving into a MH for the first time from a travel travel.

We really love this floor plan and hope to be able to take delivery soon.
Jbe-dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 12:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1903wow View Post
We recently purchased the 364 and have spent a total 6 nights camping over 2 weekends. I am plagiarizing the format of another recent review of the 351.

1. We love this floorplan! The master bedroom (kingsize bed) is spacious and feels like a personal retreat. It even has enough room for a pack-n-play. Outlets on both sides of the bed and the overlooked but much appreciated bedside shelves. Tons of storage space. We especially love the pull up under bed storage.
2. Drivability is great though I do wish it drove a little more smoothly. This is my first coach and only other experience in a coach was in a DP (as a passanger only) I am strongly considering the CHF. I will also take it out for an alignment ASAP, per the recos in this forum.
3. The 2 sets of black and gray water tanks are great when the campground doesn't have full service at each site.
4. 2 full baths is amazing when you have little kids, as we do. My wife loves the separation.
5. The power from the Ford V10 seems adequate considering this thing is almost 38' and 26,000lbs.
6. Shakes and rattles are minimal unless you are on a bad road.
7. The couch... It is not very comfortable and when we use the recliner we tend to slide off! It does have a pull out which is nice.
8. The outside stereo does NOT have bluetooth? Wait, what?!?!
9. The kitchen is nice and reasonably well thought out. Could use more storage though.
10. The fridge rocks! Didn't anticpate how much I would enjoy it.
11. The microwave rocks.
12. The dash stereo (Sony) is a POS and will be replaced soon.
13. The dinette table is VERY easy to convert.
14. The Fantastic Fan is, well, fantastic.
15. The interior and exterior lights are good, love the LEDs under the awning.
16. Visability and manuveralbility are excellent. I continue to be pleasantly surprised driving and parking the beast.
17. The middle shower is large enough for me to call it comfortable, the back shower is tight. Already ordered the Oxygenics shower head.
18. The middle toilet is tight but there is plently of room at the rear.
19. There is little storage room in the middle bath but the rear bath has plenty (according to my wife)
20. Water heaters - never noticed them. What more could you ask.
21. Heat strips could maintain the temp when it dipped into the 40s but they needed to run a lot. But who cares if your on shore power.
22. Bunks. Our kids LOVE them!
23. Passenger pullout table/desk. My wife loves it as she can easily work from the road!
24. Round table between driver and passenger is great! Wish it either had a lip or rubber grips on it as things tend to slide off when the coach is in motion.

Issues: Nothing major. Upon delivery there was a tear in the graphics and a tear in the couch both will be covered under warranty. Discovered a problem with the left camera, something is blurring the image. (I assume it will be covered).

Purchased @ mhsrv.com.
Thanks for the review. My wife and I are picking ours up in April from MHSRV. This floor plan is selling fast. I am not aware of any DP or gas models available with two bathrooms. The price was fantastic!!! They have already increased since we bought ours.
Roger2650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:24 PM   #6

Thanks so much. Looking at one of these also. When we got into our 351, obviously the 364s weren't available. So - how is the storage underneath? How is the entertainment center?

Thanks.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:56 PM   #7

So far, i would say the storage is more than adequate. But it depends on what you normally take with you. The 364 loses some storage space in the rear because of the second bath. But it hasn't been an issue for us.
DFW Area
Old 03-24-2015, 07:25 PM   #8

My wife and I purchased a 2015, 351 on Feb 4th and headed for Florida on Feb 7th. Stayed for six weeks and are back home. Other than figuring out how everything goes worked and where everything was located, we had a really enjoyable time. We love the living arrangements and the big refrigerator.
Having put some miles on the coach, the front end needs alignment which Forest River has already approved for remedy. And we were never able to get water in the fresh water tank. That is on the docket for service when I can get it up to the dealership. We have a couple more trips planned this year and are looking forward.
RLWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:36 PM   #9

RLWilson - yep. Absolutely agree. Just want a little more room and a bigger master bed.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:47 PM   #10

Hi all. This is an excellent thread for us because we are going to pick up our 2015 364TSF tomorrow. We have a Fleetwood Tioga 31M and can't wait to put it on the selling block. The Tioga also has the Ford V-10 and I have been very pleased with the smooth power output. We look forward to the additional living space.
Al and Mary Fiallos, Lake Charles Louisiana
Al Fiallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:19 PM   #11

Georgetown front end

We have a 2013 Georgetown Xl 377 only have about 3,000 miles on so far . We wondered about the front end also , there are not many in our surrounding area who do front end alinement but also wondering who you contacted to get approval . We have had some problems not major ones . We had to replace our steps and the hydraulics leaked and had that fixed, water lines to frig , different doors on entertainment because when slide came in it would hit on the doors . New toilet in . This summer we r going to replace couch , very uncomfortable it is a jack knife sofa, only been used twice . We will wait for Goshen to see what kind of couch we can find . We also have looked into a Magna Shade to put on outside of our big window , it goes on by magnets . My husband retires in July next day after leaves on bike ride across Iowa . Later in year going to Yuma, Az. To get out of Iowa weather
emptynest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:39 PM   #12

Welcome from one to another 364TS owner. We bought ours Jan 24 (60 days ago). Great coach. With three early teenagers, the double bunk and driver overhead bed are true blessings. But, the coach is not all without some problems. Right off the bat, our propane regulator froze up, so no heater. (We went to Florida for 2 weeks in Feb. so didn't need it there, only to and from (turned out to be moisture in the tank.) However, the biggest problem you are going to have to face, whether you like it or not, is the suspension which manifests itself in road "sway", i.e. wallowing back and forth in the lane and being almost blown off the road by passing 18 wheelers not to mention wrestling with crosswinds. All of this means constant steering input by the driver. Some techies will explain that steering against the sway actually worsens it, but there just isn't anything else you can do from the driver's seat. So, after a lot of unhappy experience, and after reading dozens and dozens of forum inputs, there are several key takeaways: 1) A rear track bar will help some around $450 plus install; 2) Steering stabilizer on front suspension also helps some - about $350 plus install; (If your are a fairly good DIY, you can save about $500 labor.) Third, move the front (and probably the rear) sway bar bolts to the holes that are closer to the sway bar, i.e. one of two. The rear ones will give you a stiffer ride, but may or may not be worth it. They usually come from the factory with the bolts on the front hole, but it stiffens the sway bar resistance when the bolt on each side is moved to the other hole; and finally 4) Have the front end aligned! In most cases, FR will reimburse you. This is not only the cheapest fix, but likely to make you happy by itself since some folks report significant improvement just with the alignment. . If you are doing 1 or 2 above, save the alignment until after these things are done. If you are even a mediocre DIY mechanic, moving the sway bar bolts is very easy. Lastly, I need to say that I, like some others, report only modest improvement after doing most or all of these fixes. Personally, I've spent $1,700 on trac bar and steering stabilizer (Wish I had known how simple the steering stabilizer is to install...just eight bolts. See YouTube video.) This would have saved about $300!) The last word is this, don't expect more than about a 30-40% improvement if you do all of these. Be thankful if yours turns out better. My recommendation: Do the alignment and sway bar adjustment and see if that doesn't make you satisfied.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:42 PM   #13

1903wow, did you have any tracking issues with the coach? any problems with control of the steering wheel or "wagging of the back of the coach" during your trip? I have been researching this issue and have found that a lot of gas & DP's have steering and sway controls installed. let me know. Thanks Roger )
Old 03-24-2015, 09:58 PM   #14

Vince & Charlette, I talked to Henderson Line up & RV in Grants Pass, Oregon that I should drive the coach to see weather or not, steering & sway controls were needed. They told me that some don't need it. They sell the controls and told me that they are really easy to install by yourself. They have video's on there website. Check it out.
Roger
Old 03-25-2015, 08:40 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger2650 View Post
1903wow, did you have any tracking issues with the coach? any problems with control of the steering wheel or "wagging of the back of the coach" during your trip? I have been researching this issue and have found that a lot of gas & DP's have steering and sway controls installed. let me know. Thanks Roger )

This is my first motorhome so my experience is short and I have little to compare it to. That being said there is noticeable sway when passing a truck. And it seems that in winds constant minor corrections are needed. But I wouldn't call it hard to drive. Also, It is remarkably easy to maneuver and park. I did not notice any wagging of the rear end.
DFW Area
Old 03-25-2015, 08:49 AM   #16

Who do you contact about getting front end alignment so they approve it first ( FR )
emptynest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:26 PM   #17

I had the same sort of problems. I did the the sway bar adjustment and made sure the air pressure in the tires was correct as listed in the inflation guide in the Motorhome. When I did these to things, wow what a difference.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:13 PM   #18

I talked to the FR Georgetown tech rep. He told me it was OK to get the alignment and send the bill to them after you pay the repair shop yourself. Numerous others have reported being offered the same opportunity for a free alignment. Contact number is (866) 257-1617 (general service number); (574) 206-7600 Georgetown tech rep. Whether or not this gets you where you want, just call any of their numbers and ask for a tech rep who represents your type of RV.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:55 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Fiallos View Post
Hi all. This is an excellent thread for us because we are going to pick up our 2015 364TSF tomorrow. We have a Fleetwood Tioga 31M and can't wait to put it on the selling block. The Tioga also has the Ford V-10 and I have been very pleased with the smooth power output. We look forward to the additional living space.
Al and Mary Fiallos, Lake Charles Louisiana

How did closing go? Got any pics? How are you liking the coach?
Old 03-28-2015, 11:42 PM   #20

Hi 1903wow.
The closing was no issue whatsoever. We love the coach. We drove our Jeep Liberty to Lafayette Louisiana with our MasterTow dolly. Hooked up to the 364 and went the long way home - 95 miles. The coach handles like a dream and pulls the Jeep with ease. I don't care for the drivetrain noise when the 'tow/haul' button is active but it does help with braking. I will take it into Lake Charles and get the alignment checked - $85. Right now my wife and I are packing and making it more livable. I can see that I will have a learning curve compared to the Tioga. Oh, no pics yet but I'll work on it.
Al and Mary.
Al Fiallos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown