Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2015, 10:23 AM   #1

2015 Georgetown 364TS Fresh Water Drain

We just took delivery on a new 364TS and want to drain the water tank. We have crawled under it - around it - and been in every compartment and cannot find the drain plug can anyone point me to it?
Where ever it is evidently it looks nothing like our last couple of RV drains.
Thanks
Terrigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:32 AM   #2

Welcome Terrigeo
I don't have your model but typically the fresh water tank drain is outside under one of the compartments.
If you can open and see the water tank and pump it should be close by underneath. Mine has a threaded cap on which I remove to drain my tank.
Mine is located below the tank and pump motor and is the blue hose it in the center with a cap on it.
The other with a screen is the tanks breather hose. The 3rd one is for draining the system in winter I think.

Hope this helps you find your drain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Exterior 069.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	78325   Click image for larger version

Name:	Exterior 024.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	274.5 KB
ID:	78326  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:35 AM   #3

Thanks that is sort of what we were looking for but darned if we can find it.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:36 AM   #4

My hoses look exactly like Iggy's pic.
For my specific model, they're located under the coach, right behind the passenger side duals.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:53 AM   #5

Okay we are gaining on it we did find the 2 hoses like the pic but it only drained 1/3 of the tank so there must still be another one someplace on it.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrigeo View Post
Okay we are gaining on it we did find the 2 hoses like the pic but it only drained 1/3 of the tank so there must still be another one someplace on it.

If it doesn't drain the tank totally check the other hose with the black screen on it. This is the air breather for the tank and being under and outside road dirt may have clogged the screen and it needs to be cleaned or replaced. It's only a fine mesh taped onto the hose.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:05 AM   #7

Hope it's not that only 100 miles on the coach. We actually don't have the 3rd hose just two blue and two red - hot and cold I presume.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Hope it's not that only 100 miles on the coach. We actually don't have the 3rd hose just two blue and two red - hot and cold I presume.
That may not be the correct hoses. Sounds like the winter drains for the rig and not the tank drain. Especially when you say it doesn't drain the tank totally.
Hopefully someone with your model and year will help answer your question.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:05 PM   #9

Hello Terrigeo,
On the Georgetown main page, just scroll down a little bit further past your post and look for "freshwatertank drain". I have a 2006 but had the same problem as you. Check out the pictures there too. Happy camping, Andy
CamperAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:31 PM   #10

If I am looking at the right post I did see that before I asked but we don't have that setup either. We put a call into Forest River this am but still have not heard from them either. It may have to wait until it goes back for service and then they can dump it.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:46 PM   #11

You could use your pump and pump it out until you figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-28-2015, 12:56 PM   #12

Quote:
If your tank drained at all you have found the holding tank drain. As Iggy said the vent tube screen may be clogged. There are only 2 drain hoses. 1 for the tank and 1 for the low point drain. You will not have a low point drain for both hot and cold water, just the 1 drain. When winterizing the hot and cold plumbing are tied together (the winterizing valves at the water heater) and therefore only 1 low point drain is needed. This is the way the 378 is set up and I suspect yours is the same.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:42 PM   #13

Thanks to all for the help we just got off the phone with Forest River and they think it is actually the sensor and are going to set something up to have it replaced.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:37 PM   #14

Terrigeo, I have a new 364TS and my low point drain is on the passenger side at the back behind the last bay. There are 4 lines with plugs. I removed the plugs and installed 4 pex valves to easily drain the fresh water and all the lines. There doesn't seem to be any valve/ plug just for the fresh water. I asked MHSRV and that is what they told me. There will be a label on the outside of the coach indicating "LOW POINT DRAIN". I really had to look for it, but, my tech at MHSRV pointed it out to me. If you have any other questions let me know.
Roger2650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Thanks to all for the help we just got off the phone with Forest River and they think it is actually the sensor and are going to set something up to have it replaced.
So this is a Paul Harvey rest of the story thing. You could have mentioned that it was your indicator showing only 1/3 tank drained and that is what you were basing your not draining on. To me sounded as though you knew there was still water in the tank and it wont drain. Yes, the indicators are not as accurate as they should be and residual moisture in the tanks may delay the actual readings till drying out. There are a lot of issues with the kind of sensors installed in FR holding tanks. Yours may not have any issues yet. Good day.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:45 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger2650 View Post
Terrigeo, I have a new 364TS and my low point drain is on the passenger side at the back behind the last bay. There are 4 lines with plugs. I removed the plugs and installed 4 pex valves to easily drain the fresh water and all the lines. There doesn't seem to be any valve/ plug just for the fresh water. I asked MHSRV and that is what they told me. There will be a label on the outside of the coach indicating "LOW POINT DRAIN". I really had to look for it, but, my tech at MHSRV pointed it out to me. If you have any other questions let me know.
You have a fresh water holding tank drain somewhere. If you don't you have an issue.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:54 PM   #17

Bubbles, I will check again, but I have been all over under the unit, and I'm sure I would have seen it. Thanks for the information. Maybe there is something missing here.
Roger2650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:02 PM   #18

I don't have a 364 and don't know why you have 4 drain lines but one of them has to be your holding tank drain. If the 364 has the rear head then maybe one of them is also for a separate rear head water holding tank drain. I think your drains are 1 for forward holding tank-1 for aft holding tank-1 for forward low point drain and 1 for aft low point drain. You probably have 2 water heaters and also 2 water pumps. I may be completely wrong here of course.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:42 PM   #19

I have the exact model you do (2015 364TS). There are five hoses behind the right rear tire. Three are in a cluster together. Eighteen inches further back are two more which are red and blue (hot and cold water drain). The front group, closest to the tire contain the vent line and two blue hoses. One of these is the low point drain. Open them one at a time until you get water in your face - a steady stream. That's it...dah! Here's one added tip: put a quarter turn valve on the end of the line. This should avoid the "water in your face" experience I have enjoyed many times. In the future, you can chase all the hoses and find the water pump in the horizontal compartment just above the drains. Hidden away in there is a loose hose. Stick this hose into a container of winterizing fluid and it will allow you to draw fluid right into the water system. Just turn the in-line T-valve handle a quarter turn. That changes the pump's source from the water tank to the winterizing fluid line. Happy camping!
Old 05-29-2015, 05:33 AM   #20

One water heater, 1 pump, 1 fresh water tank, 2 black and gray.

Tags
drain, fresh water, georgetown, water