Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2015, 08:38 PM   #1

2015 Georgetown 377TS XL Black Diamond

I do not know how the rest of you feel about the Georgetown, after I got mine home, and was getting it ready for a trip. I found out that the fresh water holding tank had a hole in it, then I found that the thermostat controls worked the right A/C but the wrong heaters. Some of the floor tiles were buckled. The dealership said that the factory shipped it that way, and took 3 months to get these fixed. Then the front A/C stopped working, and had to be replaced. The slides are having to be adjusted because they are marking the floor, and some shades are having to be replaced because they will not stay down. I had to replace a valve stem in the left front tire because it had a slow leak. I had to adjust the slack out of the steering because it wandered too much while driving down the road. The breaks on it are slowdown breaks, and not fast stopping breaks. Has anybody had problems like this with their Georgetown?
Runnenbare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:23 PM   #2

Building quality is far from being Georgetown top of mind. I have a 2015 350TS and many issues and repairs have been done, and I found some more over the weekend. My dealer is great to work with but I have to loose 1 day of work every time I have to bring the coach in for repair.

Brakes, wheels, steering are all ford's issues. Blinds where replaced on my coach last week, now I have water leaking from the shower and I found water in one of my cabinet in the kitchen after a rain storm this weekend.

So many issues. They look good and priced aggressively but quality isn't there.
2015 Georgetown XL 350TS FireMist | Firestone Ride Rite 4 corners air bags | Koni’s FSD Shocks | Safe T Plus | BlueOx Rear Track| 5 Star Tuned | Centramatic's Wheel Balancers | Best handling Georgetown XL Bare None !!!
Johnnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:32 PM   #3

Runnenbare welcome to the club. I got a 2015 as well and the list of defects is so long it would be easier the rebuild it from the tires up. Piece of junk that is not worth the money they are asking for.

Denis, Forest river Georgetown XL 377 towing a 2014 Ford Explorer.
tilap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:23 AM   #4

I and many others who own Georgetown's are quite happy with the quality of our coaches. I've had mine for almost 2 years, travel south with it in the winter, and my coach has performed flawlessly, with only minor issues.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:50 AM   #5

Of course there will be coach with little or no problems, the question is what is the ratio God/bad.

Denis, Forest river Georgetown XL 377 towing a 2014 Ford Explorer.
tilap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:19 PM   #6

Just seems like on this forum there are many broad & general complaints rather than specific problems you may need help with. I've solved a lot of my minor issues by posting an issue and getting good solid recommendations. That's the real value of the Forum. Complaints don't solve anything!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazymace View Post
Just seems like on this forum there are many broad & general complaints rather than specific problems you may need help with. I've solved a lot of my minor issues by posting an issue and getting good solid recommendations. That's the real value of the Forum. Complaints don't solve anything!!
Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Very nice and meaningful statement Krazymace.
X2
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:45 PM   #8

Black Diamond

That black diamond is sharp, too bad it does not perform. I considered one but my pockets were not deep enough. I settled on a used Georgetown but should have opted for Winnebago.
Joewash22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joewash22 View Post
That black diamond is sharp, too bad it does not perform. I considered one but my pockets were not deep enough. I settled on a used Georgetown but should have opted for Winnebago.

Might want to check out this recent thread on the rv.net forums re. Winnebago.

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: What has happened to Winnebago Quality?

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:00 AM   #10

Don't get me wrong, I love my Georgetown XL but even my dealer told me they don't make them like they use too. On average they have a list of 40-50 items to fix when received from factory. Some minor some a bit more serious. This is why buying from a good dealer is crucial. I realized that most of the problems are 3rd party components that forest river doesn't have control over, but water infiltration, structure and build should be top of mind, the rest is pretty easy to fix on your own with a little bit of patience.

I have to admit that spending more than 100K on a coach, you expected it to be A1. For most of us, spending that kind of cash represent big time savings. For the amount of time I'm using it per year, I expect it to perform flawlessly. I think it's not too much to ask.
2015 Georgetown XL 350TS FireMist | Firestone Ride Rite 4 corners air bags | Koni’s FSD Shocks | Safe T Plus | BlueOx Rear Track| 5 Star Tuned | Centramatic's Wheel Balancers | Best handling Georgetown XL Bare None !!!
Johnnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:26 AM   #11

You are very right about that!
Runnenbare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:41 AM   #12

Johnnya i agree. My Georgetown is my biggest investment of my life. Hell it cost more then my house did.I looked at Winnies and was so disappointed in thier quality and had to show the rep who was trying to sell me one just how bad the quality in the one we were in was. He could only nod his head and say your right. each time i pointed out another flaw he said yepp yepp yepp .lol what else could he say. His only praise he could come up with was winnies use a roll cage on the front face...my ans was i dont expect to be crashing mine any time soon lol..
i own a GT 335DS 2016. does it have minor issues? Yes as all do. i only found three things so far...door latch on slam storage door needs adjustment. seal on slide out needs to be reglued and last my outside radio wont pull in any am stations....lol i know its a minor whine about am radio but i want to listen to sports outside....inside ams work fine..i also expect for the money doled out the coach SHOULD be built to last....
xman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:46 AM   #13

I think just about everyone of us has had a learning curve with our Georgetown's and the things that go wrong the first year or so. When I bought my 2011 in 2012 exactly one year old there were a number of things that needed attention because the first owners bought it, drove to Florida for the winter, and parked and lived in it for one winter season. Never bothered with a tick list of bothersome things that should of been addressed under warranty. They traded it in for a Thor DP. I don't believe there is an RV maker out there that isn't going to experience some amount of work when new. With retirement looming within the next two years, I posted a thread on the Berkshire forum "would Berk owners buy another Berk". The overwhelming majority love their rigs, would buy again and rave about the service from the factory on their Berkshires.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, georgetown