Old 05-17-2019, 12:43 PM   #1

2015 Georgetown 378 Slide Out Delaminating

The outside aluminum on both front slides are bowed out at the bottom and I can easily put my fingers between the slide and motorhome body when closed. The slide mechanism is fine, only the outside skin is detaching along its base. 2015 Georgetown XL 378. Any thoughts or similar issues? Thanks

Old 05-17-2019, 05:25 PM   #2

Mine is doing that but only on the driver's side. I think mine is caused by the hydraulic cylinders not adjusted properly.
What I mean is, the slide is bowed at the bottom, and I can put my fingers between the middle of the slide and the body but not on the ends. I am going to check on that in the next 2 weeks since it is in storage. I have had this issue for several years.
We have a 2013 378XL

Old 05-18-2019, 07:03 AM   #3

I noticed this on my 2012 350TS on the passenger side slide. If you look closely it’s not delaminating because the skin is still attached to its backing. It just looks as if the bottom of the wall has bowed out a bit. Mine isn’t bad so I am OK with it. I may put some type of epoxy in the opening to seal it up and resecure it. It doesn’t move and is solid so it seems to be OK.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown, slide, slide out