Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2015, 11:36 AM   #1
Back On The Go

2016 270S Fresh Water Drain Specific Location

Hi Folks. My wife and I on the 24th just picked up our new 270S shorty so we can easily get into all local, state and national parks. It's short but it does have a king size bed for the 4 of us (including Annie and Harley), and 2 air conditioners. We do live and travel in Texas in the summer you see. We've had 2 motor-homes and 1 bumper pull in the past but this is the best one because it's the one we can travel in now.

This is beating a dead horse I know because I've read many posts and threads but don't really have a specific answer yet. Would any of you know exactly where the FWD tube and valve is? I found the low point drains with caps behind the passenger side rear wheels, but I've crawled around underneath the rig (not easy for a 71 yr old) 5 times and can't find the fresh water drain. Lots of forum answers to my question say it it is on the FW tank, near the water compartment, etc. but help, can anyone be more specific, maybe even to the point of knowing where on the 270S it is.

Thanks for any help you have and I'm looking forward to travels in my new Georgetown - see, I live in Georgetown. Texas that is. Long post - sorry.

Not too serious about anything except what affects health and happiness.
salwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:30 AM   #2

2016 270S Fresh Water Drain Specific Location

I have the same Motorhome for the same reasons. The fresh water drain valve is located in the collection of drains you have found behind the passenger rear wheel well. The valves are screw type valves located at the ends of the hoses.

BTW, my fresh water tank vent was plugged by the poorly installed screen by the factory. I would recommend checking the vent to ensure it clear before you drain or fill the tank. The vent line is also located with the other hoses.

I would send a picture, but the unit at the dealer having warranty things fixed.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Dave & Michelle
2015 Georgetown 270SS
Calgary, Alberta
dhind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:49 AM   #3
Back On The Go

Thank you for the response. The two hoses I found, one red and one blue, have screw-on caps so I didn't know if one would drain the fresh water tank when opened. Not at the unit now but I believe there was a hose with a screen omit, too, right there. Not sure how to check this vent line other than visually but I will do that.

My previous rvs had FW tank drains with open/shut valves so that's what I was searching for.

Appreciate the response. Enjoy your new traveling home!

Old 12-28-2015, 11:20 AM   #4

You found the correct hoses. I can't remember which one drains what. Checking to ensure the screen is not taped over would have caught the problem with my vent line.

One of the mods I did in the unit was to remove the pretty plate with two holes in it giving access to the water pump and the fresh water tank. You get a little more storage there for long items behind the fresh water tank.

We went from 37 feet to 30 feet so space outside is a little tight.

Dave & Michelle
2015 Georgetown 270SS
Calgary, Alberta
Old 12-28-2015, 11:48 AM   #5

I believe the GT's have only one low point water line drain. When the water heater bypass valves are set to winterize the hot and cold water lines are tied together and therefore only one low point drain is needed. The other capped line as you said is for the holding tank.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:22 PM   #6

You are correct, there is only one low point drain. I think that is the red one. The blue one is the fresh water drain. I always drain my hot water tank by pulling the anode.

Dave.

Dave & Michelle
2015 Georgetown 270SS
Calgary, Alberta
Old 12-28-2015, 12:40 PM   #7
Back On The Go

Thanks, fellows. I checked the vent tube and it is not blocked, so it's probably just fine. Took both caps off and got significant water from one, and little from the other. Will pick up some antifreeze later and pump it into the lines. Took the water filter out, and bypassed the water heater and drained it through the anode hole. Believe it or not, it gets pretty cold (i.e., below freezing) in Texas this time of the year and I don't want to lose any sleep over concern about the RV. Great idea about taking the pretty panel with the two round holes out. They look good but limit access for sure.

Old 12-28-2015, 03:38 PM   #8
Air Force Retiree

FW DRAIN

look in the storage area right above those drain lines you found. I know on my 3050 the FW drain shutoff is there behind a removable panel. Same area the water filter is.
Retired Air Force is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, fresh water, location, tanks, water