Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2015, 10:37 PM   #1

2016 350xl water pressure kitchen faucet

We just picked up our 2016 350xl from storage. We have 5k miles on it and purchased it June and have used it about 6 times.

When we got to camp and hooked up the water I noticed the kitchen faucet had very low water pressure. I tried it with water pump on using the tank and city with the same results. I tested all the other areas and noticed that the toilet, and restroom faucet had low to no water pressure.

After reading the posts here I figured out how to clear the restroom and toilet issue by removing the screen. There was a lot of white gunk which I removed with a small aces driver. I know how everything working perfect except the kitchen faucet. I checked and know I have good pressure from the cold water hose to the kitchen faucet. I just don't know where to check for the clog.

2016 Georgetown 350XL

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
sirozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:23 PM   #2

Have you removed the water filter and see if that helps?
It may be clogged up with fine silt that many time you can see on the filter.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:33 PM   #3

I had the same problem. Unscrew the screen on the end of the faucet. I'd bet the screen is plugged up.
nicholsonv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Have you removed the water filter and see if that helps?
It may be clogged up with fine silt that many time you can see on the filter.

Yes I did and it did not help.

2016 Georgetown 350XL

Old 09-07-2015, 09:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsonv View Post
I had the same problem. Unscrew the screen on the end of the faucet. I'd bet the screen is plugged up.

I did, but the pressure is the same with or without the attachment on. I think the clog is before this point.

2016 Georgetown 350XL

Old 09-07-2015, 05:21 PM   #6

Did you check the by pass valves under the coach near the hot water heater to make sure they are in the correct direction?
Coach 350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 01:20 AM   #7

Yes I did. I have everything except the kitchen sink working fine. It's going in for warranty next week since I've hit a wall. I guess I'll see my rv in a month or so...😢

2016 Georgetown 350XL

Old 09-17-2015, 10:28 AM   #8

I read somewhere that if the outside shower valves are not in closed position,it can affect water pressure.

Ron & Joanne
Bella The chihuahua
2014 Georgetown XL 377
2007 Jeep Liberty
ron377ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:50 AM   #9
Pickin', Campin', Mason

You didn't mention but does your sink have a single handle faucet?

If you do and both the hot and cold is flowing slowly from the kitchen faucet, you'll need to remove the faucet lever and the faucet valve and look for a clog there. If you find nothing there, then you'll need to remove both plumbing lines from the faucet (run the water into a bucket or something similar) and see if in fact they might be plugged somewhere. It's not likely BOTH plumbing lines would get clogged at the same time but if you have no flow with the lines off you'll just have to work backwards towards the pump/city connection looking for blockage.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 04:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
You didn't mention but does your sink have a single handle faucet?

If you do and both the hot and cold is flowing slowly from the kitchen faucet, you'll need to remove the faucet lever and the faucet valve and look for a clog there. If you find nothing there, then you'll need to remove both plumbing lines from the faucet (run the water into a bucket or something similar) and see if in fact they might be plugged somewhere. It's not likely BOTH plumbing lines would get clogged at the same time but if you have no flow with the lines off you'll just have to work backwards towards the pump/city connection looking for blockage.
That's what was wrong with ours.

3rd time out and NO WATER ANYWHERE. All the screens were clogged!
The pull out kitchen faucet has 2 screens. One on the end the other under the counter where the hose attaches. WHAT a pain getting to it.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:18 PM   #11

Hi,

It's at the dealer now, but where is the under counter screen so everyone will know how to clear it. Do you have a photo of the screen under the counter?

By the way ours has a single in the kitchen

2016 Georgetown 350XL

Old 09-25-2015, 10:15 PM   #12

Clearing Aerators
An aerator screws onto the end of a faucet. It mixes water and air for a smooth flow and minimizes splashing. Tiny particles caught in an aerator's screens reduce the water flow. The solution usually is simple: Unscrew and take apart the aerator, flush the particles out of the screens, reassemble and screw the aerator back on.
If aerators clog regularly your water system may be at fault. If your home has old galvanized steel pipes, particles are probably flaking off the inside of the pipes and may need to be flushed. If your home has copper supply pipes, the problem may be that the water delivered by the utility company is impure; try installing a water filter.
If water flows slowly into a washing machine, shut off the stop valves and unscrew the hoses. You'll find a screen at the end of the hose; if it is blocked with particles, clean it out.
Attached Images

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:39 PM   #13

Wow thanks for the detailed pic😁

2016 Georgetown 350XL

Old 09-28-2015, 06:30 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirozz View Post
Hi,

It's at the dealer now, but where is the under counter screen so everyone will know how to clear it. Do you have a photo of the screen under the counter?

By the way ours has a single in the kitchen

2016 Georgetown 350XL

Sorry no pictures mh is in CO. and we're not.

The second screen on our 2012 360 is located on the faucet end of the pull out hose under the sink, hard for a 60+ yr old body to get to.

Tags
faucet, pressure, water