Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2018, 04:16 PM   #1

2016 364TS bedroom slide not extending

I posted a year or so ago about my bounce issue with the bedroom slide. I had our dealer address it since it was still under warranty. After the repair, It never really ran "smooth" in and out, but it wasn't as drastic before the repair and they guaranteed the work. Now, after returning from a trip, I went to extend the slide and it extended but I heard a terrible "clunk" as it reached full extension. Thinking I might have extended into my wife's car in the driveway, I quickly checked and all was clear. I returned the slide fully in and attempted to extend again. Now I hear what sounds like stripped gears coming from the right side. I haven't actually held the button down long enough to see if anything catches in fear of doing more damage. Looking at the location of the cables, I'm not sure what steps I need to take to inspect it. Do you pull the bed out? Will this require me to remove the shelving up top? Any advice would appreciated. I'd like to avoid the shop if possible, but this might be too much for me to address.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Wesepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:46 AM   #2

Update... Turns out it was the gearbox. Troubleshooting wasn't fun considering the overhead cabinet and power panel.
Wesepp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom slide, roo, slide