Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2016, 10:08 PM   #1

2016 364TS Kitchen Storage

I am scheduled to pick up our 364TS next Saturday March 5th. SO excited but I'm concerned about kitchen storage since there really is no pantry because of the residential fridge. Is anyone experiencing space issues storing food items along with dishes,pots/pans, toaster, George foreman, etc.......? And hiding a small trash can seems impossible......
Melvinson404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:31 AM   #2

Pantry is a huge issue, I'll give you that, the small trash can is not only possible but included. Open the door under the sink.
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:00 AM   #3

Trash can

I did see that tiny trash can in the cabinet at the RV show but I'm thinking I may have to "evict" the can and use that spot for pot/pan storage. Maybe I'll try a "half circle style" stainless can against the wall next to the dinette.....
Old 02-28-2016, 11:01 AM   #4

Il agree.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:23 PM   #5

We have a more normal size kitchen trash can (2 young kids - generate garbage, often) and it fits nicely at the end of the hall while traveling and doesn't impede getting in and out of the bathroom. When set up we put it along the wall by the dinette. We use behind TV as pantry as well as the cabinet over the microwave. for pots and pans we use the oven and the cabinet between oven and sink. Dishes, cups, bowls, over dinette. We also use under one of the dinette for Water bottles, diet Coke, sodas, things of that nature. Not that it provides a lot but you can put a series of them for can good storage next to frig, we only have the one because we hang the mop and broom, otherwise you could probably get 4 double shelves on that wall. Also get some child locks like these for the frig door. The bungee works great for the freezer, but not at all for the frig, going around a curve or turning a corner with a half full frig and a gallon of milk or 2 liter bottle can pop the frig open enough to be a headache to try everything (it hangs there waiting for you to release the bungee) and catch with the stock bungee, the child locks keep the door tightly closed at all times while traveling.
Click image for larger version

Name:	frig - next to organizer closeup.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	100639

Click image for larger version

Name:	Frig doorlocks.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	100640

SternHappens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 01:24 PM   #6

Modmike, I've got a 2015 364TS, what does the "F" stand for on the 2016?

Old 02-28-2016, 01:43 PM   #7

Under the dinette seats for storage of pots/pans and less frequently used staple foods?
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 02:02 PM   #8

Stern,
Great pics, thanks! The wire shelves are a perfect storage idea. (I would have loved for forest river to use that space for a pocket door.)
It appears the fridge is magnetic? (my GE Stainless fridge at home isn't). Thats great if it is. I'm sure my wife will plaster it with photos since she can't on the GE!

I think the "F" stands for full body paint (not sure but I thought I heard a sales person say that in one of the 500 youtube clips I've watched! lol)
Old 02-28-2016, 02:30 PM   #9

We have the same issue in the house we have a stainless (in appearance) GE not magnetic, but the Frigidaire is.
There is a pretty good dead spot above the frig but haven't looked at trying to convert that yet into something useful yet. There is a board running front to back dead center that acts as a wedge for the frig, and 2 long screws going into through the framing of the frig into the deck.
BTW, the frig is a pain to get out because of the elevated position off the floor. I ended up building a landing out of 2x6 framing and a thick piece of plywood, so when I need to pull it out I can bring it in from the garage removed the two screws and it rolls right out without any damage to the flooring or trim work. - When not in use makes a good stage for the 6yr old in the garage...
Why did I need to pull it out you ask. Well shortly after we got the unit we went on a trip to visit my sister who had just moved into a new home. Well their kitchen had what appeared to be our exact frig, so I asked my BIL, how do they all live on the little bit of ice that comes out of the door? Seems like two or three good mugs and we are out of ice in the bin and subsequently we were keeping a bag of ice in the freezer drawer. We he says, I hardly use the door, and pulls open the freezer and there is a normal sized icemaker and bin. SO I explorer ours and there appeared to be holes in the same location for a icemaker, so I got on the frigidaire website and tried to find an aftermarket icemaker, well long story somewhat shorter, three icemakers, and ultimately 4 service calls (and other parts ordered) from the appliance guy they sent out and wallla, we now have ice on a replenishable basis!

Old 02-28-2016, 08:53 PM   #10
toolman_57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvinson404 View Post
Stern,
Great pics, thanks! The wire shelves are a perfect storage idea. (I would have loved for forest river to use that space for a pocket door.)
It appears the fridge is magnetic? (my GE Stainless fridge at home isn't). Thats great if it is. I'm sure my wife will plaster it with photos since she can't on the GE!

I think the "F" stands for full body paint (not sure but I thought I heard a sales person say that in one of the 500 youtube clips I've watched! lol)
Yes. Fridge is magnetic.
toolman_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:59 PM   #11

We have a 2015 364TSF.
First of all, I was told the "F" stands for Ford (chassis).
Storage is a BIG issue with my DW since she cooks all our meals and even bakes bread while we're on the road.
We have three teenagers, so space is at a premium. We use a stainless steel trash can which sits against the wall next to the table and put it on the floor in the front shower when we move. I had much stronger lifts installed on the under-bed storage area. My 5'2" DW struggled with getting it opened. Also, I dedicated the closest outside storage bin (next to battery compartment) as hers alone, which she uses as an alternate pantry. We don't use the monitor in the bedroom, so like many others, we took it out and easily turned it into shelves for mostly clothes. (Behind it, you'll find an added benefit of two additional 120v outlets.) On another front, you will likely find a black paperboard cover over the inverter in the third storage compartment outside on the passenger side. Take that black cover off (2 or 3 screws) and you'll find an almost unused storage bin. The only thing in ours is the inverter, which stands on its side and only takes up 4-5 inches. This is a good place to store extra clothes, blankets, sheets, etc. that may not need to be inside. One caution: don't put anything metal up against the inverter and leave space for air flow for its internal cooling fan. We've put 14k miles on ours in the last 12 months. With every trip my DW finds some other small space or technique for storing stuff. We view this as just part of the adventure of camping. Congratulations on choosing the 364TS. You won't find a better floor plan for kids. The bunk over the driver is hard to find nowadays, but we count it a real convenience in many ways. Happy camping!
Old 02-29-2016, 02:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SternHappens View Post
Modmike, I've got a 2015 364TS, what does the "F" stand for on the 2016?
Full body paint.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SternHappens View Post
We have the same issue in the house we have a stainless (in appearance) GE not magnetic, but the Frigidaire is.
There is a pretty good dead spot above the frig but haven't looked at trying to convert that yet into something useful yet. There is a board running front to back dead center that acts as a wedge for the frig, and 2 long screws going into through the framing of the frig into the deck.
BTW, the frig is a pain to get out because of the elevated position off the floor. I ended up building a landing out of 2x6 framing and a thick piece of plywood, so when I need to pull it out I can bring it in from the garage removed the two screws and it rolls right out without any damage to the flooring or trim work. - When not in use makes a good stage for the 6yr old in the garage...
Why did I need to pull it out you ask. Well shortly after we got the unit we went on a trip to visit my sister who had just moved into a new home. Well their kitchen had what appeared to be our exact frig, so I asked my BIL, how do they all live on the little bit of ice that comes out of the door? Seems like two or three good mugs and we are out of ice in the bin and subsequently we were keeping a bag of ice in the freezer drawer. We he says, I hardly use the door, and pulls open the freezer and there is a normal sized icemaker and bin. SO I explorer ours and there appeared to be holes in the same location for a icemaker, so I got on the frigidaire website and tried to find an aftermarket icemaker, well long story somewhat shorter, three icemakers, and ultimately 4 service calls (and other parts ordered) from the appliance guy they sent out and wallla, we now have ice on a replenishable basis!
Can you supply us with the correct info for the ice maker? Also do you have to remove the fridge when installing this?
Kevin M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:19 PM   #14

I have Frigidaire Frig model #FGHF2366PF5A
I ordered the optional icemaker for the freezer FIB23A(FDBM Icemaker Kit), $101.57 plus tax $9.65, total paid $$111.22 direct from Electrolux 1-800-599-7569.
Kit comes complete with everything you'll need. The icemaker installs pretty easily without having to pull the frig out.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:00 PM   #15

Very kind of you, thank you!!
Kevin M. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage