Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2016, 09:59 PM   #1

2016 364ts Seiki Bedroom TV doesn't tune cable

First time at campground with digital cable. The Seiki tv in bed room won't tune channels. I have been reading forums and have found that it requires an qam tuner and a code to unlock it. It doesn't seem to have the option. Anyone one else having this trouble. It tunes off antenna fine but doesn't like the digital cable channels.
Snoodledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 01:11 AM   #2

May sound simple but have you switched the TV to cable and then run the auto scan?
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 12:36 PM   #3

TV won't tune to cable

One thing I found out is to make sure booster is off on antenna. If the front tv tunes then you probably have it off already.
weldons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:09 PM   #4
I Break Everything

In addition to the the booster being turned off, in front of ours is master switch, TV/Cable/AUX... must be on Cable.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 01:16 PM   #5

It's definitely the TV itself not the hookup. Been there, done that. Talked to the manufacturer of the TV and they said you need an external tuner like a cable box. I talked to Forest River about it and they gave me a very reasonable credit to go find a replacement, so off to Costco we went and picked up a 32" Vizio smart TV. Also got a regular locking wall bracket (Sanus Vuepoint F11c) since the home made scrap they use as a bracket is garbage. To remove the original TV from the wall you'll have to go through the access panel in the left closet and there were three screws holding the plate to the front wall, if you have a helper to hold the TV while you unscrew the screws will make it easier. Anyway once I purchased the new TV I sent a copy of the receipt to Forest River and they cut a check to reimburse me and once I received that, I packed the old TV in the new TV's box and forest river provided a UPS label to ship it back to them. I think this was last Fall sometime. We generally stay at state camp grounds so it took a while to notice the issue before we stayed at a commercial campground w/cable. Funny thing was Forest River said I was the first one to have this issue, but according to the manufacturer if they are putting that same TV in all 364TS then everyone has the issue, they just may not be aware of it. Now when I get ready to convert the deadspace behind the TV into a useable cabinet all I have to do is unplug, click the locking lever on the side of the bracket and lift it off the wall. Happy Camping!

SternHappens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:08 PM   #6

Experienced the same exact problem with the same TV in my 364ts on our current trip. Tunes over the air channels fine, but won't tune cable channels. All other TVs in the coach tuned cable just fine but this is the only one that is a Seiki.
rbrownfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:49 PM   #7

Same problem with Seiki TV in bedroom. Researched and came to conclusion that it's the tuner used in the TV. No problem while on antenna or with other 3 TVs in our 360XL. Also Looking for TV mount that will provide access to rear of TV - something that will hinge open yet have a locking mechanism like they are installing in the newer Berkshire

360 Georgetown XL 2015
twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, roo