Old 04-19-2016, 10:35 AM   #1

2016 Georgetown 364TS Review

I will share my vast experience with this unit...4 days and 3 nights in it so far, but want to give some early updates for those who might be making spring purchases.

Background - 2 parents, 4 kids, one dog. We had a Keystone Carbon 33 toy hauler TT last year, was our first RV. Pulled with Ford F250 diesel. I did not like 4 kids in the cab while trying to pull, truck pulled the load fine but I did not care for the turning and or backing especially. It was stressful, then setting up was somewhat of a pain as well. It felt like work...we had debated the MH purchase originally but we had the truck, and it felt like so much money...

We opted this year to sell the toy hauler, traded truck in on new 2016. We looked at Class As and Cs, Forest River and Winnebago primarily.

Thoughts so far:

Driving/Handling - I read about this a lot..cheap handling fix, sway, alignment..you name it I was convinced it was going to be horrible....Well, never drove a class A and its just fine. I didn't do anything to it and don't plan to at this point. Handles fine, turns much easier than a trailer, super easy to back in anywhere. It does take more constant steering input and attention, but overall a big improvement over maneuvering a 35 foot trailer. I drive this with much more confidence, but I will say at a certain point in wind speed I would leave it parked.

Layout - This is what takes the cake so far....with 4 kids two bathrooms is so nice, for the obvious use but as well as the showers. This is a huge plus for us so far. Showers are so much quicker, lowers the stress level of getting kids cleaned up for bed a lot. Bunks work great, front drop down bunk is good as well, and no carpet is nice. King bed with lots of room at the foot of it, no complaints with layout.

Functionality- This is where I think they really nailed it....For example, a class C like the 3170 sunseeker has lots of sleeping capacity, but only a tiny fridge...how do you feed all those people? The 364 has a place to sleep, multiple bathrooms/showers, and the fridge to store all the needed food in one package for a large group. Im not aware where else you can get this functionality and space for this value.

Love the easy set up...autolevel, slides out, plug in...your in business.

Storage - inside cabinet space a bit lacking in kitchen but we store more food in large fridge. Outside storage is good, lose a bit with extra holding tanks but still more than adequate. A lot less loading and unloading like in our TT.

Key Options -

Fantastic fan is well.... fantastic...definitely get in the kitchen at least. Stainless package as mentioned for larger fridge. Convection microwave is great, not sure why I don't have one at home. Rear AC I would definitely get as well...in 80 degrees, direct sunlight, we ran AC to try them out and they ran more than I thought they would to keep it 10 degrees cooler than outside. If you think double panes would help this, I strongly doubt they would make much of a difference. Home theatre is ok, roller shades are good.

The best thing we did was go with the washer/dryer vented combo. I had heard mixed reviews on these, but if you realize its not residential volume it is great. A couple loads a day will keep you from having a huge pile waiting for you at the end of a trip. Worked well, although some cycles did shake and vibrate a bit.

I did add the Oxygenics regular RV showerhead as well as the Fury model, I like the Fury a bit better but both are a good improvement over the standard and are fairly cheap.

Quality - So far I have had a check engine light on the chassis on the way home which for a period was common and plug/wipe fix, and the middle shower leaks at the base of the door because they didn't caulk it well. Now, having looked at some much more expensive units I wont try to tell you this is built the best, but I will say it is a ton better than our keystone carbon. Fit and finish is not going to be perfect, not sure how well it will hold up, but you do get a lot of nice features and many shared components of other brands.

Value - Again, this is where it shines. A larger 22k chassis, 22.5 tires, 2 bathrooms, king bed, full FG roof, etc....I don't see what else comes close. I shopped a leftover 352QS XL which was the same price with a few more features, but simply couldn't pick it over the 364 with the layout and the 352 had only the small fridge.

Overall - If you are thinking of trading up or transitioning from a trailer to a MH, all I could say at this point based on my experience is go for it. Instead of dreading hooking up 14k sway bars and the trailer or unhooking, or the planning that I need for fuel stops or not to get stuck somewhere I cant turn etc, I now look forward to going places. Not to mention I now have on the road entertainment, bathrooms, and food supply

This particular model will fit a large family very well, and for our family I think it will be a much better travelling and camping RV. Heck, even going to a soccer game it would be easy to park this in a school somewhere and have a nice base camp.

Sorry for the rambling, but wanted to provide honest (as we see it) feedback for prospective shoppers.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:06 PM   #2

Welcome to the 364 family. I think you nailed it perfectly.

We have upgraded from a 31' travel trailer pulled by a less than adequate Suburban to a 35' used Winnebago that was more of a handyman special to our 364. Since we have had the 364, I have been to 2 RV shows and looked at what they had there....other than the $1 million dollar units (which we could not afford anyway) I would not want anything other than the 364

Old 04-19-2016, 01:31 PM   #3

364 rocks!!!!!! (Although I do wish it had more storage, like a cupboard , and an actual sliding door to close off the bunk area at night instead of having to hang a curtain while kids sleeping and we are still using main area of the coach. An included sun shade on the blackout MCD for windshield would be nice too. Oh, and if one of the showers had tankless water heater would be nice. Omg, a bigger fresh water tank too!) Can't beat the value though. Love it.....
Old 04-19-2016, 01:37 PM   #4

We were in the same position as you with our trailer.

Figured it was only $100 a month more than our current set up because our truck was redundant.

You hit every decision and feature point we considered except fuel
Mileage which is as good as my older setup when towing.
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:11 PM   #5

Our new 364 is on order and should be in mid to late June. Glad to see more affirmation of our good decision!

Modmike speaking of mileage, what kind of mileage is everyone getting, with and without toad?
Old 04-19-2016, 06:13 PM   #6

I have not calculated mine but 7-8 mpg is often mentioned.

I got 8 mpg with my previous truck and TT.
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:39 PM   #7

We average 7 MPG with ours and we go fully loaded and tow our Jeep Liberty and remember in Montana it aint no Kansas.. Lots of mountains
Old 04-20-2016, 11:26 AM   #8

We are right in the 7 range as well. We take a Camry Solara as a toad so we are quite loaded up as well.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:14 PM   #9

All around, my 364 layout can't be beat (3 teenagers). Since my 2015 has a 5-speed transmission, I added the 5-Star Tune chip, which really improved shifting and got rid of most of the 5,000 rpm screaming downshifts. Towing a Jeep Liberty, I got 5.8 mpg. Chipping it brought mpg up to 6.2. Can't figure how some of you guys get 7 mpg. I've spent $3,200 on undercarriage improvements to reduce sway and the need for constant steering input. These enhancements resulted in "moderate" improvement. Will order Sumos when I get home from current trip. All things being considered, I have to say congrats on buying the overall best MH on the lot!
Old 04-20-2016, 02:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince and Charlette View Post
All around, my 364 layout can't be beat (3 teenagers). Since my 2015 has a 5-speed transmission, I added the 5-Star Tune chip, which really improved shifting and got rid of most of the 5,000 rpm screaming downshifts. Towing a Jeep Liberty, I got 5.8 mpg. Chipping it brought mpg up to 6.2. Can't figure how some of you guys get 7 mpg. I've spent $3,200 on undercarriage improvements to reduce sway and the need for constant steering input. These enhancements resulted in "moderate" improvement. Will order Sumos when I get home from current trip. All things being considered, I have to say congrats on buying the overall best MH on the lot!
I think the reason we get around 7 most of the time is the 6 speed trans.. The motor just dont seem to work nearly as hard as our 5 speed did

Tags
georgetown