Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2017, 07:13 PM   #1

2016 Georgetown 364ts Sway

If I had a sway bar where would it be mounted? Towards the rear axle, back hitch or is it WHERE? I didn't see one while rolling around underneath the Georgetown.
kentdavido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:35 PM   #2
Tinkerer and Putterer

The rear sway should be mounted to the frame and rear differential. I t will probably look something like the black one in this picture. The gold one is a Roadmaster sway and it looks like in this pic both were left in place:

HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGuy View Post
The rear sway should be mounted to the frame and rear differential. I t will probably look something like the black one in this picture. The gold one is a Roadmaster sway and it looks like in this pic both were left in place:

Thank You,,, back to rolling around.
kentdavido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:56 AM   #4

Kendavido;

You should have a factory installed sway bar on the front and rear. Its the black bar that HappyGuy pointed out in his photo. While your under there, consider this.

Refer to the photo.

Before considering an aftermarket suspension components or add-on, I'd recommend doing this, then re-evaluate to see if the improvement meets your expectations.

1) Do the CHF (Cheap Handling Fix). Move the link attachment from the front hole to the rear hole on the factory sway bar. This makes the bar stiffer.

Do the same thing on the front axle, but you will not be able to re-use the "Z" brackets on the front axle.

Look carefully and you can see that in HappyGuy photo, the links are attached to the front hole on the sway bar. The CHF moves the links to the rear hole. You will need to flip the "Z" brackets on the rear axle.

2) VERY IMPORTANT - Inspect the two brackets, these have a habit of the bolts falling out. Remove the bolts. Lube the bushing with a tiny bit of regular ole silicon paste (dielectric grease). Reinstall the bolt with blue Locktite and then torque to 65 ft lbs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FordF53RearCHF.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	148182  

Tags
georgetown, sway