Old 06-06-2016, 05:53 PM   #11

I have a 364 as well. Read this post and try the following if your weights are similar to mine:

1) Immediately lower your cold tire pressure to 80 LBS
2) Do the cheap handling fix (CHF)

The next steps would be:

1) Rear track bar
2) Front steering damper such as steer safe

I will think about Summo springs after I've done the last 2, but thats it. The 2016 chassis with 22.5" wheels is night and day to the 2015 with 19" tires.

Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:59 PM   #12

I have a vast 2,300 miles driving experience at the wheel of a class A...2016 364TS. I haven't done any fixes and don't plan any.

I certainly feel the wind, but on very gusty days I slow down to around 55 and it's easily controllable. Non windy days if I don't watch it I'll be at 75 without noticing.

I definetly think that in just over 2,000 miles I have gotten a lot more used to how it drives and the necessary input to keep it where I want it on the road. Since I am a relative newb maybe I am missing something, but front tire air pressure set right and some miles behind the wheel might be the place to start before spending money that may not do much for you.

Old 06-06-2016, 06:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLud View Post
I have a vast 2,300 miles driving experience at the wheel of a class A...2016 364TS. I haven't done any fixes and don't plan any.

I certainly feel the wind, but on very gusty days I slow down to around 55 and it's easily controllable. Non windy days if I don't watch it I'll be at 75 without noticing.

I definetly think that in just over 2,000 miles I have gotten a lot more used to how it drives and the necessary input to keep it where I want it on the road. Since I am a relative newb maybe I am missing something, but front tire air pressure set right and some miles behind the wheel might be the place to start before spending money that may not do much for you.
Excellent advice. Steering enhancement not withstanding, I would still get a front damper such as steer safe for the safety aspect.

Too many 'safes' in that last sentence but what can I say.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLud View Post

I totally agree.. Our motohome is fine the way it came from the factory.. We have 6000 miles on ours and we slow down with a cross wind and slight bumps from semi's are expected.. I mean gee you are driving a giant wind sail
Old 06-12-2016, 11:32 AM   #15

Oops.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:32 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I changed the oil today and was looking at the CHF and without actually measuring, I'm not sure I can even get the link to connect with the sway bar at the lower hole. The link appears like it will hit the bracket at the angle it would have to take to possibly come close. I'm going to do some measuring and find out for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 06-12-2016, 07:52 PM   #17

I have the same unit as you, was no problem for me.

That being said, I had mine done at a truck shop when they checked my alignment.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:38 AM   #18
toolman_57

This spring I went ahead and bought the adjustable sway bar links for the front when I did the CHP (used the original links in the back). Also added a stearing stabilizer. Last spring I weighed the coach and adjusted my pressures--I run 75 up front and 80 in the back. The tire pressure change was an immediate improvement--but it was still difficult (for me) to handle coming through some pretty tough crosswinds (Santa Anna's) in the Mojave desert last November. Of course these winds were so extreme that they unfurled the front left slide topper (sailing in the wind).

I've had two trips so far (short runs) with some minor cross winds. It's much easier to handle with less swaying and rocking. Even my wife said that it was money well spent.

Tags
georgetown, sway