Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2018, 08:22 PM   #1

2018 Georgetown XL 378TS Satellite Dish Install

We are picking up our coach this week and I have been researching options for installing a satellite dish on the roof. I have seen where most have an access point on the roof for the cables. While at the dealer yesterday I climbed up on the roof to see what I was dealing with. Once up there, there I found two covers. Does one of the covers contain cables for a second tv?
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4449.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	174524
JonnF3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:22 AM   #2

My 2012 GT378 has the SAT prewire stowed under a dummy vent cap over the copilot position. If you don't have a dummy vent cap on the roof there then I would think at least one of those covers is for a roof top SAT dish prewire. The other one might be for Xm radio prewire. Its been my experience that dealers have no clue when it comes to these type of questions and I would seek an explanation somewhere else and which one, if applicable, is for SAT. Just a guess.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnF3 View Post
We are picking up our coach this week and I have been researching options for installing a satellite dish on the roof. I have seen where most have an access point on the roof for the cables. While at the dealer yesterday I climbed up on the roof to see what I was dealing with. Once up there, there I found two covers. Does one of the covers contain cables for a second tv?
Attachment 174524
Jonn
Welcome to the Forum.
You will get many answers but if you send this picture to Forest River and ask them you should get the correct answer.

Here is the contact you should email.

Kevin Stratton
Class A Manager
574-206-7611
kstratton@forestriverinc.com
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:02 AM   #4

Dish Install

I have the same coach, FR told me the cover by the antenna is the hook up for the Satellite dish
geegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:18 AM   #5

I just picked up my XL and I’m trying to install satellite radio I can’t find the wire for the antenna behind the radio that supposed to be there I called up Forest River and they assured me that the XL comes pre-wired for satellite radio does anybody know where the wire is where I can dig without taking everything apart . appreciate any help thank you. Does anyone have a picture of this wire that they could send me.
1964chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:28 AM   #6

On my 335 there was only one dummy, looked different but was a plumbing vent cover. Opened it and found a coax and a flat, RJ-11 cable. Hooked them up...but it didn't end there.

On my coach, it turns out that the other end of both cables is left behind the back of the center storage compartment over the dash. Looks like the back is solid, but if you pry it up you will find that it is double wall and there is a rough cut in the back to access the pre-wire. The fake back panel should have been screwed, but mine was held in by the molding.

P.S. Sorry, misread your post, you wanted to know about satellite radio. My bad. Through the cutout, however, you can reach into the entire fiberglass front cap. I was going to put a satellite radio antenna in that space, but instead opted to use the internet app instead of the satellite receiver for Sirius.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161001_105655.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	302.5 KB
ID:	183821  

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964chevelle View Post
I just picked up my XL and I’m trying to install satellite radio I can’t find the wire for the antenna behind the radio that supposed to be there I called up Forest River and they assured me that the XL comes pre-wired for satellite radio does anybody know where the wire is where I can dig without taking everything apart . appreciate any help thank you. Does anyone have a picture of this wire that they could send me.

Just saw this. sorry I know it’s a bit old but did you ever find the wire behind the radio? I installed as well but can’t find that wire. I have not opened those bundles. Temporarily using the antenna it came with
Thanks
mdalb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 09:20 PM   #8

Hi yes I did find it - the wire was rolled up behind the dashboard the wire was up on the left side. I hope you find it!
Old 04-27-2021, 09:42 PM   #9

Did you find it ? If not look behind The gages
Old 04-27-2021, 11:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964chevelle View Post
Did you find it ? If not look behind The gages
LOL you do know this post is from June 2018 so why waste our time asking to answer a question asked almost 3 years ago.
Don't lose any sleep waiting for your answer as it was the only time this person came here and never returned.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
378ts, georgetown, lite, satellite