Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2019, 04:23 PM   #1

2019 Georgetown 369XL

We bought a brand new RV. Had most of original punch list done before we drove it off the lot. Had it less than 2 months and brought it back for the rest of original work plus a few other things we found wrong including problem with freezer not keeping ice cream cold but everything else was frozen. After 2 weeks we went to pick it up and everything in freezer had gone bad after they supposedly fixed it. Now they have had it another week with me calling and leaving messages everyday. They say they put a call into lg finally this past Thursday and waiting for a call back to come fix it.
Is there a loophole to get our money back and cancel out this whole fiasco? We are financing most of this.
Donnat10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:40 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

I hear your problem about the fridge. Not sure why you left food in the RV while it was at the dealer.

What is the rest of your fiasco, that you think there’s a reason to get your money back?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 03:14 PM   #3

Big George

WE have a 38.7 George Town Motor Home, to cancel your purchase you have to see a attorney, the lemon law does not work with motor homes, and I do not recommend Georgetowns, they do not hold their value, our is in great shape and only worth 39,000 that all, get rid of it
Big George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:50 PM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
WE have a 38.7 George Town Motor Home, to cancel your purchase you have to see a attorney, the lemon law does not work with motor homes, and I do not recommend Georgetowns, they do not hold their value, our is in great shape and only worth 39,000 that all, get rid of it
Big George

First.....
I’ve replied to your post about your engine troubles. See my comments there.

Second....
Here, you mention you’ve got a 38.7, and in your other post a 37.8 George Town. You go on to say you don’t recommend Georgetowns, they do not hold their value.

You need to do your homework about what Georgetown (not George Town) model you have when reporting issues. We can’t help you, if you don’t help yourself.
You need to understand that RVs at large have a significant depreciation value....not just Georgetowns. As far as yours being in great shape, is that before or after the engine problem with lack of power?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:07 PM   #5
I Break Everything

Is this your first RV? If so be patient. These things happen to most of us.

First thing don't anticipate the dealer is going to treat you the same after you drive it off the lot. We've had plenty of warranty issues repaired as well.

Is you fridge residential? Ours in our Georgetown is residential. Dealers usually can't fix that. Our icemaker went out within about 2 months. It was covered but I had to set up a repair man to do the warranty work, just like at our home.

Whenever you take your RV in for service, be prepared for it not to be plugged in. Take out anything perishable from the fridge and pantries. We never leave food of any kind in ours when we store it. Mice. We actually got mice in one of our 5th wheels from service. It was there a while getting a new roof...we had candles in it, yep, mice got in and ate the wax.

Good Luck.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown