Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2019, 09:01 PM   #1

2020 Georgetown XL 369DS thermostat

Hello!

This is going to sound absolutely idiotic but I bought my RV and there are no directions in the user manual or with any of the manuals I received when I purchased it that say what type of thermostat I have and how to use it!
Id really like some guidance on how to use the timer feature as well as the sleep feature. I’ve tried using these with the AC and can’t figure out what the numeric system that comes up when you press timer means (it’s not number of minutes). I’m also curious as to how the dry mode works and if I have to have both heat and furnace pressed on to get heat? Again I know it seems like a dumb question but I’m really confused!

Thanks so much,

Kelly
VenturingVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:26 PM   #2

I had the same issue but finally found it in my Owners manual. Also try you tubing it
Tncatfanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:41 PM   #3
NXR

It sounds like an Atwood AirCommand. That's what I have but never looked into those buttons.

You should have gotten a pile of equipment manuals. Mine were all in a large ziplock bag.

Ray
Old 10-31-2019, 09:46 PM   #4

I looked through every one of those manuals twice and have none for the thermostat. I also looked up the owners manual in the FR app and can’t find anything either. Super frustrating!
VenturingVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:51 PM   #5

Put a picture on here and maybe we can help
Tncatfanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 12:30 AM   #6

If you have an Atwood AirCommand which is the most likely, the owners manual can be found in the manual on the Georgetown owners site. Here is the direct link. Go to page 13 for operating instructions.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cd-content....7ab3ea0e4e.pdf

Your manual page is at:

https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...ation-14-en_us

There are manuals for the various components to the right in the different sections. Hope this helps.
TominVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 03:10 PM   #7
NXR

To make it a bit easier for future readers:

MODE - DRY
- The DRY mode can provide mild dehumidification for room temperatures above the set point and when additional cooling is not required.
- Press MODE pushbutton to highlight DRY.
- Set the temperature to desired set point. Note: the fan speed is locked in LOW.
- The compressor will cycle on and off at approximate intervals of 6 minutes to extract moisture from the air.
- For humid room temperatures below the set point - a separate, specialty dehumidifier will be more effective.
- The unit can provide no dehumidification if the room temperature is below 64°F (18°C).

SLEEP FUNCTION
- With the unit operating in heat or cool mode, press sleep pushbutton to highlight the sleep light. The unit over the next hour will automatically raise the set point by 2°F. Conversely in heat mode, the set point will be lowered 2°F.

TIMER FUNCTION
- The timer may be used to turn off the unit in the future (up to 24 hours) OR the timer may be used to turn on the unit up to 24 hours in the future.
- Press TIMER pushbutton once and the display will flash. Within 3 seconds, press the timer pushbutton until you have set desired time into the future to turn unit off. A subsequent press of the timer pushbutton will allow the time to start the unit to be programmed.
Ray note: The units are supposed to be hours per later in the manual.

And unless yours works a lot better than mine, the temps you set on the thermostat have to be about 5 degrees higher than where you want it. The tolerance of the thermostat is like +/- 3 or 4 degrees and it has every bit of that inaccuracy.

Holding the Sleep button down for more than 5 seconds displays the temperature at the thermostat but the thermostat setting itself doesn't seem to use it. Another post said there is a separate temp sensor at the roof unit air intake that it actually uses. So you know, heat rises, cold falls and the thermostat is in the middle. (sigh)

Ray
Old 11-01-2019, 07:33 PM   #8

Atwood Air Command Thermostat

Thanks to all who responded to info in the thermostat. I have the same A/C and thermostat in my Forester. Having reviewed all the manuals and did not notice anything about the thermostat. I asked the dealer and of course, he didn't have a clue about using the heat pump or "Dry". The poster who mentioned being 5 degrees off from what you set it is absolutely true. In my previous TT, I got rid of the manual set thermostat and put in a $16 Hunter from Walmart and it worked perfectly. Why something built like this with the Atwood is so far off is amazing.
Bob2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:13 AM   #9
2018 31L5

AC Manual

My thermostat instructions are in the AC owner's manual
bobotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:42 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Assuming they are still using the thermostat and not runnng the HVAC controls through the Multi-plex so it can be app controlled.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:47 PM   #11
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Assuming they are still using the thermostat and not runnng the HVAC controls through the Multi-plex so it can be app controlled.
If the 2020 XL is like the 2020 GT5 the Precision Plex system control is very limited:
  • Slides
  • Awnings
  • Propane water heater
  • Water pump
  • Tank heaters
  • Outside awning lights only
  • Generator with autostart limited to low house battery voltage (no temp)
  • House battery voltage
  • Gray, black and fresh water levels in 1/3rd increments
  • Propane level in 1/4 increments
That's it. No interior lights, no electrical monitoring (other than the aforementioned house battery one) and no HVAC tie-in.

Ray
Old 11-04-2019, 06:12 PM   #12

(Do) I have to have both heat and furnace pressed on to get heat?

I'll take this part of your questions. My answers are based on my GT 31L5 experience.

When turning on the heat, if "Furnace" is OFF (light is OFF), your heat pump, located in your forward AC unit will try to run. If the outside temperature is below 45 degrees, it will stop itself from running and you'll get no heat from anywhere.

When turning on the heat, if "Furnace" is ON (the light comes on) you will get heat from your propane furnace.

I have found the heat pump to be just short of useless.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:06 PM   #13
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCormickJim View Post
(Do) I have to have both heat and furnace pressed on to get heat?

I'll take this part of your questions. My answers are based on my GT 31L5 experience.

When turning on the heat, if "Furnace" is OFF (light is OFF), your heat pump, located in your forward AC unit will try to run. If the outside temperature is below 45 degrees, it will stop itself from running and you'll get no heat from anywhere.

When turning on the heat, if "Furnace" is ON (the light comes on) you will get heat from your propane furnace.

I have found the heat pump to be just short of useless.
Based on my GT5 experience, Atwood AirCommand, the heat pumps do a nice job although they are noisy. So noisy in the bedroom that I'm considering buying the $200 Wacko Products sliencer.

With the system we have, the thermostat will automatically fire up the furnace (pun intended) if the temperature rise needed is more than four degrees or when the heat umps shut off at 45 degrees. We've had ample chance to test this in the last week and this is how it works. The only time we need to actually press the Furnace button is if we want to fire up the propane furnace manually such as to keep the noise level down.

We have the AC-1511 ducted system.

Ray
Old 11-05-2019, 12:59 AM   #14

Mine does the same as NXR's post. I actually don't mind the heat pump noise (although I admit the units are loud but so was the one in my old coach which was a Fleetwood and have considered the silencer as well) but it does work as described in ours. I have a 2019 34H5.
TominVegas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown, thermostat