Old 05-05-2016, 01:04 AM   #1

2106 GT 364TSF Main slide leak

When it rains and the slides are open, we are snug as a bug.

When it rains with the slides retracted, I get significant water intrusion from what seems like the top of the main slide. It travels along the sides enters and ends up on the floor and flooding my steps.

Does anyone else have this problem? I am guessing the slide is not sealing in the closed position. What can I adjust?

Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:48 AM   #2

I have not seen this happen, but as a fellow 364 owner, I am curious as to what the problem might be.

Just a thought, but are you level?

Old 05-05-2016, 10:36 AM   #3

Does it do this while you are driving in the rain also??
Old 05-05-2016, 12:43 PM   #4

Not that I noticed but haven't had much opportunity to test that scenario.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:12 PM   #5

I've got exactly the same problem with my 2015 XL 369DS. I have recalked anything that looks the least bit suspicious. I cannot find where the water intrusion is happening. If anyone has any ideas, I'm sure we would both appreciate it.

We are completely level an when the slide is shut all the weather stripping looks like it is compressed tight making a good seal.

I did notice the vertical weather stripping on the coach side is not matched up to the top horizontal at all. There is no sign that the weather stripping joints at the top corners were ever attempted to be joined with black silicone like the bottom corners. So I stuffed the top horizontal piece at the ends to make the temporarily solid so I could glue the corner together with black silicone. Has not rained yet to see if it helped.

I know it's not causing this problem but I am also not impressed that all of my slide wiper seals have holes torn by the pads where the slide cables come through. Makes me miss my hydraulic slides on my 2011 XL350Ts.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:53 PM   #6

This fixed my slide leak

This did fix my problem with my main slide leaking and leaving puddles on the floor at both ends of the slide when it was closed through a rain.

Georgetown roughly trimmed the coach side weather stripping tubes at the joints so that they would overlap and meet.

At the bottom corners, the horizontal bottom tube was cut to join the side of the vertical side seal tube. The factory attempted to seal this joint together but it did not hold as the area was not cleaned before sealing. I removed the old silicone adhesive, cleaned with alcohol, and resealed with black silicone adhesive.

At the top joints the vertical side tubes are roughly cut to meet the bottom of the top horizontal seal tube. The factory did not even attempt to seal this joint. From the roof, with the slide closed and the tubes compressed it caused it to leave an opening for water to run down inside the tube. The bottom of that tube is left open so most of the water that would enter would run out, but somewhere in between, some of it was infiltrating into the coach. The first picture is of the top seal joint as it came from the factory from the perspective of me hanging over the side of the roof upside down.

I stuffed paper towels into the horizontal top tube ends, cleaned everything well with alcohol and sealed the joint.

I left the slide out for a few days to set up, removed the paper towel wadding and closed the slide.

I have attached pictures of the top and bottom joints as fixed. The photos make the repairs look a bit messier than by eye.

It has since rained quite a bit with no water inside. Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160502_173936.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	107657   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160510_142633.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	303.9 KB
ID:	107658   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160510_142730.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	107659  
Old 05-12-2016, 02:19 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Is your seal firmly seated in the track? I noticed mine had pulled out of the track. I was able to get it all pushed back in, but wasn't easy. This happened on my bunk slide.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwatkins01 View Post
This did fix my problem with my main slide leaking and leaving puddles on the floor at both ends of the slide when it was closed through a rain.....It has since rained quite a bit with no water inside. Hope this helps!
Thank you very much, pictures helped A LOT!

Tags
210, leak, slide