Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 11:45 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Dijoeboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 376
300lb dinette cushion set?

So my father n law bought a new Georgetown XL several months ago, the dinette seat back cushions are covered in 2 different design materials, he's been dealing with the people he bought the coach from about trying to get a replacement cushion for the one that doesn't match anything. He gets a cushion a few weeks ago, it was wrong, it gets reordered, he gets a phone call yesterday from the freight company asking if he has a forklift? Or a lifting device, as they have a package on a pallet for him that is over 300 lbs and the driver has no way of unloading it..... So Monday we will see what he is getting for 300lbs of what is supposed to be a seat back cushion!

How quality control ever let this out of the plant is a very good question.....
__________________

__________________
Dijoeboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gahanna, OH
Posts: 1,414
Maybe he's getting the entire dinette. Keep us posted.
__________________

__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:29 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Dijoeboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 376
That's what we're thinkin .... But wouldn't that be a little overkill for just sending the right seatback cushion to match???
__________________
Dijoeboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:35 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gahanna, OH
Posts: 1,414
You never know.
__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:55 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Ummmm.
Would a complete dinette weight 300 pounds including the pallet?

__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:42 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 2,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dijoeboss View Post
So my father n law bought a new Georgetown XL several months ago, the dinette seat back cushions are covered in 2 different design materials, he's been dealing with the people he bought the coach from about trying to get a replacement cushion for the one that doesn't match anything. He gets a cushion a few weeks ago, it was wrong, it gets reordered, he gets a phone call yesterday from the freight company asking if he has a forklift? Or a lifting device, as they have a package on a pallet for him that is over 300 lbs and the driver has no way of unloading it..... So Monday we will see what he is getting for 300lbs of what is supposed to be a seat back cushion!

How quality control ever let this out of the plant is a very good question.....
Quick, tell him to order a tire.
__________________
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:46 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gahanna, OH
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Ummmm.
Would a complete dinette weight 300 pounds including the pallet?

I would guess about 150 lbs. Maybe it includes the sofa!
__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:02 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
I would guess about 150 lbs. Maybe it includes the sofa!
Well some of us do eat there so it could be!

__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:13 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Dijoeboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 376
Update: he had the pallet sent to the Rv store he purchased unit at, it is indeed a complete dinette set, seems rather overkill to me for a mis matched seat back cushion.... I didn't see the new parts myself, at least he's gonna get it all fixed!

Cheers!
__________________
Dijoeboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:22 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dijoeboss View Post
Update: he had the pallet sent to the Rv store he purchased unit at, it is indeed a complete dinette set, seems rather overkill to me for a mis matched seat back cushion.... I didn't see the new parts myself, at least he's gonna get it all fixed!

Cheers!
Overkill is using a 12 ga on a fly.

They have bumped it up a bit more than that...
__________________

__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.