Old 01-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #1

335 DS wheelbase and other questions

Lots of newbie questions...

Being new to class A units, we have a few questions. One we are looking at is the Georgetown 335DS. It's listed as 35 ft (+/-1") with a wheelbase of 208". My math says that is about 50% overhang. My questions for anyone with this model include:

1.) Is this unit particularly sensitive to cross winds or passing trucks?

2.) Will this unit fit in most state parks?

3.) We like the use of interior space, but are having a hard time calculating carrying capacity. What does the empty unit weigh?

4.) What has your experience been with Georgetown and warranty work (or the need for warranty work for that matter)?

5.) Where are these units built? Is factory warranty work an option - or is that solely a dealer thing? (We live fairly close to the Elkhart plant)

6.) Any comments, pro or con, now that you have lived with it for while?

Old 01-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #2

HI Jim and welcome. I do not have your model but the answers are all generic.

1.) Is this unit particularly sensitive to cross winds or passing trucks?
ALL boxes driving down the road have this problem. Even diesels pushers.

2.) Will this unit fit in most state parks?
Your size is around the max most parks allow but you will have to check the parks information and they will tell you max length of space.

3.) We like the use of interior space, but are having a hard time calculating carrying capacity. What does the empty unit weigh?
A yellow wall sticker will tell you how much weight you can add.
It is sometimes located in the door access area on one side or behind the drivers head on outer wall or someplace inside a cabinet on the cabinet door.

4.) What has your experience been with Georgetown and warranty work (or the need for warranty work for that matter)?
Make sure you have a dealer locally and expect to take it to the dealer at least 3 times in the first 3-6 months for warranty issue.

5.) Where are these units built? Is factory warranty work an option - or is that solely a dealer thing? (We live fairly close to the Elkhart plant)
Yes Elkhart is the place they build them. If you are close youcan have them take care of all issues. I wish that was my case.

6.) Any comments, pro or con, now that you have lived with it for while

The MH is a middle of the line rig. ALL rigs have issues and Georgetowns will have them.
If you buy an XL series which has some nice extra it is worth the extra dollars.
I'm sure others will tell you about problems. I had to have all my hydralic lines replaced because of leaking and failed hoses and fittings.

Hope this helps
Iggy

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote